Zone Reporting Delay on M1XIN

ELK M1 with M1XIN expander.

I have two zones connected to the M1XIN which in turn is connect to the M1DBH

when i start up the M1 (Power On)
the two zones report as violated for about 120 seconds 
then they report properly as CLOSED (normal)
any idea why the initial delay.
to date this has only been a problem at startup of the M1, no intermittent problems after.

enrollment of M1XIN (this may be related - see other post0
as per earlier post and other's experiences:
1) M1XIN hooked to M1DBH directly initially would not enroll.  
5 LED blinks (ready to enroll) but when i would enroll it would just keep staying on 5 LED blinks and no enrollment.  
verified the order of 2 data wires.  all good.
2) accordingly i hooked M1XIN up directly (4 - wire) to M1 control, M1XIN enrolled the first time, THEN re-hooked M1XIN up to M1DBH.  once hooked up to M1DBH, 1 LED blink (OK), since then seems to work ok (except for problem/symptom above)

All panels exhibit a power up (stabilization) delay on their zones when booting. Normal. False alarm/bootloader function.

For the XIN issues, it would allude to a cabling/termination issue. With no DBH and straight to panel, that points to the issue relating to termination on the DBH or the RJ45. Could also be a voltage issue, but doubtful if nothing is really connected to the panel.

Acid test is after enrolling, seeing real time updates of zone status/voltages via RP.

I've got 2 DBHR's and 5 XIN's at my house and multiple panels "in the wild" and have not experienced what you're reporting with enrollment and the DBH.

good point.

opening and closing zones reports right away on RP status screen.
i'm guessing it's semi-normal then.

thanks

Back