M1XOVR issue

42etus

I have a m1xovr output expander in an out building that has stopped responding. I have tried module enrollment unsuccessfully. The status led on the expander shows two quick blinks. This is supposed to be a diagnostic led, but for the life of me I can't find any info as to what the two quick blinks are indicating. Can anyone shed some light on this.

According to this post, the 2 blinks means loss of communication.

Have you disconnected both end of the cable and checked for shorts and opens?

OK, I checked the cable (cat 6) between the M1 and the outbuilding today and it's fine. The puzzler is that the cat 6 from the M1 connects to the m1xovr and then to a m1xin in the same cabinet. The m1xin has no connection problems and works fine. Could I be getting a two blink code from a problem related to the m1xovr board itself and not in the cable?

42etus said:
Could I be getting a two blink code from a problem related to the m1xovr board itself and not in the cable?

Sure, it certainly is possible that there is something wrong with the OVR board itself.

Here are some other things I would look for and try:

Did you check the cable for possible shorts to ground, as well as between conductors?

Check the power supply voltage on the OVR board, to make sure it is above 12V.

I would then try disconnecting the XIN that is in the same cabinet to see if the OVR works as the only device on the cable (make sure to change your termination, if necessary).  That might show if there is a signal quality problem on the data bus.

If it still doesn't work, I think I would remove the OVR and try connecting it up to the M1 with just a short cable.  Again, make sure you've got the termination set properly for this.

At that point, I think you've ruled out pretty much everything that could be the problem other than the OVR.

Back