Macintosh and the DS9490R

macuser

Hi - complete noob at this, but very excited. I'm working from the WeatherToys book and have hit a road block (I think). I bought the DS9490R from HobbyBoards and after some digging I realized that it isn't really supported on the Mac. I really don't want to fuss with the workarounds that I have seen posted - they do not seem reliable.

I guess I should use a Keyspan with the DS9097U?

If it's true that the DS9490 isn't supported by Maxim, then I wish HobbyBoards would put a "* drivers are Windows only" on their store page. It would save me some time and money...

Could someone please let me know if the DS9490R will be of any use to me?

Thanks - great forum BTW.

bbw

Hi - complete noob at this, but very excited. I'm working from the WeatherToys book and have hit a road block (I think). I bought the DS9490R from HobbyBoards and after some digging I realized that it isn't really supported on the Mac. I really don't want to fuss with the workarounds that I have seen posted - they do not seem reliable.

I guess I should use a Keyspan with the DS9097U?

If it's true that the DS9490 isn't supported by Maxim, then I wish HobbyBoards would put a "* drivers are Windows only" on their store page. It would save me some time and money...

Could someone please let me know if the DS9490R will be of any use to me?

Thanks - great forum BTW.

bbw

I'm not a Mac user so I can't comment from direct experience but it seems like some have been able to get the USB Adaptor to work with the Mac but if you don't want to deal with the hassle (and I don't blame you) then you can swap out the USB Adaptor for a Serial one. I will contact you off-list to work that out.

Eric

Just for the record, the guys at Hobby Boards took good care of me - great support and response time. I'm grateful.
I am now using the DS9790 and it works great!

Thanks

Bart

Just for the record, the guys at Hobby Boards took good care of me - great support and response time. I'm grateful.
I am now using the DS9790 and it works great!

I've just started using 1-wire on my Mac. I have the DS9490R and it does work. I've used it with the 1-wire viewer and with the command line programs. I finally figured out how to compile the example code with X-Code and have written some CLI programs to really use 1-wire interfaces.

Back