Management software for HA business

This is my first post here on cocoontech and I couldn't resist posting to this thread... we are users of both, QB Pro and D-Tools. We took more of modular approach to HA software since D-Tools can be purchased in modules and easily integrates with QB Pro, you do not have to buy the full $5k version straight out of the gate. Also, the Contractors Edition of QB can also be upgraded without much problem to QB Enterprise in the future. We are waiting for the dust to settle with Win Vista before we make the next big move but I thought some of the folks might benefit from this.

Thanks for letting me voice here! Dan

I've read some pretty bad things about D-Tools in the CI forums. It cost a ton of money and does not always work as it should.

There really isn't one software that does it all. You can use Quickens or something to manage your books. But then you will probably want something like Visio 2007 to manage wiring/network diagrams and MS Project to manage project timelines. Maybe even a CAD program. If you are doing Theaters then there is acoustical analyisis software.

We use d-Tools and think it is a great program. Sure I can gripe about a few issues, but for us there is no better alternative.

I guess when you spend that much money on software it would be great if everything worked exactly the way you want, kinda like the integration business.

Just my 2cents.

Hi, can anyone recommend a software to manage a HA company?
It would be great to have just one software (even better it open source) to manage your projects, accounting, customers, partners, invoice, etc.

I've found some but I was wondering if someone has experienced with a software in particular.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Simply Reliable Software (SRS) works great for a small audio visual/home auomation operation. It is a complete front end for the business and has fantastic proposal capabilities. I had used d-tools for years before I used this software but it is really designed for a larger operation

A distributor not long ago was offering percentage points off towards (i believe) D-Tools. I did not spend enought with them (SNAP AV) to make it worth my while. I believe it was some program where 10% of every purchase went to the purchase of D-Tools or DONT QUOTE ME.
Just thought it may be worth looking into?????

You could use AutoTask. Its really a managed services platform... but its pretty close... and its a by the month SaaS offering.

A distributor not long ago was offering percentage points off towards (i believe) D-Tools. I did not spend enought with them (SNAP AV) to make it worth my while. I believe it was some program where 10% of every purchase went to the purchase of D-Tools or DONT QUOTE ME.
Just thought it may be worth looking into?????

That is still an ongoing promotion however it is for BIDMAGIC not D-Tools...

Back