mControl and Tstat help

a94cobra

I am so confused about what I need to make this happen.

I like the mControl software. It will work nicely with my computers around my home. It works from IE and even integrates into Media Center.

I want to get a Tstat to run my HVAC. Tstat's have pricing ranging from 130 to $300. I have some X-10 lighting and plug devices. Some remotes. I have a PSC04 and a CM17A interface already.

I have searched for info on this and just get more confused the more I read.

What is everyone else using for X-10 and mControl devices?

I used mControl to evaluate the software and while doing this I plugged in a CM11A to one of the serial ports for X-10 lighting control. It worked great!

I imagine you could just use an X-10 Thermostat (get the two way model) or a serial interface model. Check with mControl to see which ones they support with the software.

Ted Singh of mControl is a CocoonTech member as well so I'm sure he could help you out. Maybe send him a PM if you can't find the info you need.

mControl doesn't list the PSC05 two way transciever as an adapter. What x10 unit is compatible?

Or is the mControl software crippled before you buy? You know, not all the devices installed.

a94cobra said:
mControl doesn't list the PSC05 two way transciever as an adapter. What x10 unit is compatible?

Or is the mControl software crippled before you buy? You know, not all the devices installed.
Not sure I understand your question. I said use the CM11a. The PSC05 is an interface (as the TW-523) that communicate with items such as an Ocelot, ElkM1 Gold and I believe some thermostats. It does not connect to a computer serial port directly.

Is that what you meant, to use the PSC05 on a T-Stat?

I don't think the demo of mControl comes "crippled" as I used it with my lighting (via the CM11a of course) with no problems. Of course this was their initial version and I haven't played with their newer demos.

Well, I think my question was, is the PSC05 transceiver similar to a CM1Xa unit? Since I have one of those already could I choose CM1Xa in mControl and the PSC05 work. mControl doesn't list the PSC05 unit or similar units.

Anyway, to be more precise or to even just ramble on further, I have a PSC05 and a CM17A already. Will one of those work with the mControl and a Tstat?

Another question I had as well. X10 has a new USB controller similar to the CM11a called the CM15a. Seems like it is just USB instead of serial. It doesn't look like mControl will support the CM15a and a Tstat device, only the CM11a.

Using ActiveHome Pro and mControl would be nice. I am not sure I can get away with just one controller though. Does using two controllers present problems?

Back