Meedio celebrates 200th plugin

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Meedio Celebrates 200 Media Center Plugins With Massive Price Promotion

Leading digital media software developer celebrates its open development platform with the 200th submission to the Meedio Add-In Directory. From now until April 30, consumers can purchase Meedio Essentials for only $20.00, a significant discount off its normal price of $59.95.

Houston, TX – April 14, 2005 – Meedio announced today that its developer community has submitted 200 plugins, themes, and extensions to the Meedio Add-In Directory (MAID). To celebrate, the company is discounting its Meedio Essentials digital media center application to $20.00 until April 30. Meedio Essentials, which recently won a 2005 CES Innovations and Design award, normally retails for $59.95 from the company’s website at http://www.meedio.com/. The application, built on top of Meedio’s open platform, is favored by many developers for the ease with which it can be customized and extended.

Read the rest of this press release

$20.00 seems about the right price for meedio. Even $25-$30 wouldn't be so bad.

I still curse it everytime I redo my htpc though.

I tend to think the same thing - $20 isn't too bad. Maybe I should play with it.

Then I realize that I personally have very little use for it. I don't need a media front end at all (I never really used myHTPC (the free precursor to Meedio) after any of the installs I did). I use PCs for music and video but I don't need this kind of front end.

If they had the PVR stuff working (and it cost $20, too) then maybe I'd be more excited. I guess I have the next two weeks to think it over.

Well, I couldn't resist...

Pulled the trigger just hours before the deadline.
On-going project #4.... what will be #5? ;)

I purchased Meedio for the $20 just to play with it. Install went fine. Very easy. I downloaded the list of the "200 Plugins" which when I started looking through it, and thinking about Homeseer - Homeseer has many hundreds of "plugins" if you count scripts. Most of the Meedio plugin capability is handled via scripts in HS.

I will spend a bit of time to understand how to customize Meedio. Anyone got some starter links on a How To?

Anyone got some starter links on a How To?

I've been cruising their forums for a couple of days now, but haven't come across any really strong How-tos. There are a couple of good stickies that may help, but nothing in a format as clear as the ones found at this site. ((This site has spoiled me! :p ))

If you come across anything that is helpful, please post it back here, as I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Of course, I'll do the same :p

I know the Help file that comes with it is a good starting point. Sphere, and others, put a lot of time into and did a great job. (I normally never look at the help files first, but for this app, it may be the way to go)

http://www.meedio.com/WebHelp/Meedio_Essentials_Help.htm
View by index to see the complete list.

Back