Microsoft TechNet

No domain controller for Windows Home Server; therefore, you cannot have roaming profiles stored in a server. It's most useful for businesses.

If you want a primary domain controller, get openSUSE 11 (free). If you still want Windows Home Server, virtualize Windows Home Server in your openSUSE 11 server. Or, you can install Windows Home Server and virtualize openSUSE on top of Windows Home Server, although I don't know if WHS allows you to do that...

openSUSE 11 includes Hyper-Visor (for virtualizing guest operating systems such as Windows Home Server or Windows Server 2003/2008), by the way.

If you want a primary domain controller, get openSUSE 11 (free). If you still want Windows Home Server, virtualize Windows Home Server in your openSUSE 11 server. Or, you can install Windows Home Server and virtualize openSUSE on top of Windows Home Server, although I don't know if WHS allows you to do that...

openSUSE 11 includes Hyper-Visor (for virtualizing guest operating systems such as Windows Home Server or Windows Server 2003/2008), by the way.

This sounds ....well...quite a bit above my knowledge level...although at some point i want to learn about linux is am still shamefully a Windows man for the moment....my previous experiments with Linux never really ended very well...maybe i'll try again sometime soon...but i wouldnt venture into this for my home server...

Back