Minimizing Kodicom Diginet 4.12 and 4.13

fritzycat1

Here is fairly simple way to regain control of your desktop when Diginet is running:

I have created an 'AutoHotkey' script that will allow you to minimize, and maximize Diginet. It is fairly simple to set up:

1. Download and install AutoHotkey (free)
2. Create a new text file on your system called 'Diginet.ahk'. Add the text seen below to the Diginet.ahk file (or download the attachment to this post)
3. Create a shortcut to your Diginet.ahk file, and add it to your 'Startup' folder.

Diginet.ahk text:
Code:
;Diginet AutoHotkey Script - by Fritzycat1

#SingleInstance ; Allow only one instance of this script to be running.

;Trigger the following commands when Ctrl-Down is pressed
^Down:: 

WinMinimize,DigiNet Site  ;Minimize Diginet window
WinHide, ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd;Hide the system tray
WinShow, ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd;Show the system tray

WinHide, DigiNet Site  ;Completely hide Diginet Site from Task Bar
WinHide, IntelliUp Site  ;Completely hide Intelliup site from task bar
WinHide, WatchDoc Reader               ;Completely hide WatchDoc Reader from Task Bar

return

;Trigger the following commands when Ctrl-Up is pressed
^Up::  

WinShow, DigiNet Site 	 ;Show the Diginet Site window
WinMaximize, DigiNet Site  ;Maximize the window
WinMove,DigiNet Site,,0,0,1024,768 ;Size the window to 1024x768 to reclaim unused screen real estate on high resolutions
return

To Use:
1. Start your diginet.ahk script by double-clicking on it, or re-starting your PC so the diginet.ahk runs from the startup folder.
2. Start Diginet Site

3. Press Ctrl + DownArrow to minimize Diginet
4. Press Ctrl + UpArrow to restore Diginet

Notes:
1. The script will completely hide the Diginet application from the System tray. I did this so I wasn't tempted to try to close the application when using the system for other tasks.
2. The Windows Key and Alt Key are diabled when Diginet is running - I haven't figured out how to re-enable them (yet). So if you are accustomed to using shortcut keys, this can be quite frustrating.
3. This is just a sample of what AutoHotkey can do... check out their web site and documentation. Post improvements to this script here!

Attachments

• ahk_diginet.ahk
    909 bytes · Views: 271
Scrambled -

Glad I could help. I run diginet 4.13 and it really bugged me that I couldn't run diginet and use the desktop for any other tasks without shutting diginet down completely - I would often forget to restart it and went without monitoring for days. Now I just keep it minimized all the time.

Let me know if you figure out how to revive the Windows and Alt keys.

diginet center, kodicom, dvw- vew screen as desktop tip

i know you hate the stupid thing take over the whole system but here is little tip, now you can view it behind the icons so you can watch but you will have to clear your desktop from icons, i would put them in one corner. while diginet is open increse to full size where you only see video no side panels, hit print screen, open paint and paste you can see the live video in paint then go to file and set it as desktop, now when ever digne site is open you have to minimize it by hitting windows key you destop will become live desktop and you can do other things i hope that helps, if you want one camera or any camera, you have to select it by goine to dignet i think this method will work with any kind of software or hardware no mater what dvr card or software you are working with

Panjabi,

It took me some time to understand what you were describing until I tried it...

To summarize, the process you describe will create a blank background image for your windows desktop, that will be transparent to the live Diginet video. The live diginet video appears as your desktop background. pretty cool! :eek:

Here is what I did:
  • I hit 'print-screen' while Diginet was running and in the foreground, then used my autohotkey process to minimize diginet (ctrl->down).
  • I opened windows 'paint' utility, and selected 'Edit->Paste'
  • Sure enough, the area of the print screen where the diginet image existed was transparent, and I could view the real-time Diginet video image through it - inside of 'paint'. Amazing.
  • The print screen also contained other items that were part of the desktop at the time I created the capture, these areas were not transparent. I used paint to erase those areas to create a completely black, and transparent background image.
  • I saved the image as a .jpg file (diginet-bg.jpg)
  • I then went to the windows control panel, selected 'Display', then the 'Desktop' tab, and then the 'Browse...' button to select the Diginet.jpg as my background image.
  • Now I have a completely black background image, except for the areas where the Diginet video running in the background 'shows through'.
  • Since I don't have any icons on the desktop except for the 'Recycle Bin' there is no clutter blocking the image.
I have attached my diginet.jpg to this post so others can try it out.

Thanks for the tip Panjabi! ;)

Attachments

• Diginet_bg.JPG
    Diginet_bg.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 142
when hitting the print screen key make sure everything is maximized, you only see video no other pannels then you will only get video boxes and nothing else

fritzycat1 said:
Scrambled -

Glad I could help. I run diginet 4.13 and it really bugged me that I couldn't run diginet and use the desktop for any other tasks without shutting diginet down completely - I would often forget to restart it and went without monitoring for days. Now I just keep it minimized all the time.

Let me know if you figure out how to revive the Windows and Alt keys.
The script you wrote is really nice, but it don't allow me to show sys tray...
any suggest?

mega-ras,

The following command found in the script ~should~ restore the system tray:

It works on my Windows XP SP2 system - what operating system are you using?

fritzycat1 said:
mega-ras,

Xp pro SP2 --- i have Diginet site 4.13 P7...is the same software you have?

mega-ras,

I took some times to study AHK help file, then found the problem

pls copy the following scripts and paste to overwrite the default 1:

WinHide, ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd ;Hide the system tray
WinShow, ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd ;Show the system tray

then the script should work properly.

Thanks fritzycat1 for creating this useful script ^^ cheerS~
it helps a lot to run Diginet nicely :)

I know this post it's very old, but people like me still fighting whith this things. I'm talking about Diginet Software and Kodicom boards

I have the same problem than maeg-ras. It's possible minimize Diginet, but impossible to see the systray at all.

I tried with different combinations of AutoHotKey scripts, but no success. Modifications to registry, DLL's permissions, etc.

Today, i find a script that allow me to see the system tray after Diginet start running. You can find it on Internet under this name "xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs"

COPY/PASTE in a text file, remember rename with the .vbs extension.Because i'm newbie, i can't post links.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs - Repairs the Taskbar when minimized programs don't show.
'© Kelly Theriot and Doug Knox - 8/22/2003

Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Message = "To work correctly, the script will close" & vbCR
Message = Message & "and restart the Windows Explorer shell." & vbCR
Message = Message & "This will not harm your system." & vbCR & vbCR
Message = Message & "Continue?"

X = MsgBox(Message, vbYesNo, "Notice")

If X = 6 Then

On Error Resume Next

WshShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2\"
WshShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamMRU\"
WshShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop\"

WshShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}\BarSize"

P1 = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\"

WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoBandCustomize", 0, "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoMovingBands", 0, "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoCloseDragDropBands", 0, "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoSetTaskbar", 0, "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoToolbarsOnTaskbar", 0, "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoSaveSettings",0,"REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoToolbarsOnTaskbar", 0, "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoSetTaskbar",0,"REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoActiveDesktop",0,"REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "ClassicShell",0,"REG_DWORD"

p1 = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\"

WshShell.RegWrite p1 & "NoCloseDragDropBands", 0, "REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegDelete p1 & "NoMovingBands"

p1 = "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell"

WshShell.RegWrite p1, "explorer.exe", "REG_SZ"

p1 = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}\"
WshShell.RegDelete p1 & "BarSize"
WshShell.RegWrite p1, "Media Band", "REG_SZ"

On Error Goto 0

For Each Process in GetObject("winmgmts:"). _
ExecQuery ("select * from Win32_Process where name='explorer.exe'")
Process.terminate(0)
Next

MsgBox "Finished." & vbcr & vbcr & "© Kelly Theriot and Doug Knox", 4096, "Done"

Else

MsgBox "No changes were made to your system." & vbcr & vbcr & "© Kelly Theriot and Doug Knox", 4096, "User Cancelled"

End If

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to collaborate with something, because this post (and the fritzycat1's script) helps me a lot. Now i can use the machine laike a regular PC and a DVR too.

Thanks to all.

PS: Sorry my poor english. I'm from Argentina. (Spanish is the official language)

Back