Mobile devices and the ELK

lugnut

Since I just did a major overhaul of my telecom services and have 30 days to decide on a mobile device besides the basic Sanyo unit, I thought I'd ask if any of the 3 higher-end units Qwest has available would give me some interesting capability with the Elk:

Qwest Fusion HTC5800
MOTO Q
Mogul by HTC

Here's a link to their descriptions, since the units might be customized for Qwest in some way:
https://shop.qwest.com/en/US/wireless/servi...rketSegment=RES

In theory, I think any of these 3 could run the Virtual Keypad, but I'm currently not able to get the VK to run from an external network and I don't know if that would change w/ one of these, since I don't know why the VK doesn't work externally from a hard wired connection.

Any other things besides the VK that you guys use mobile devices for your Elk system?

I have the HTC 6700 my problem is that the PIE browser installed by verizon/htc is that it does not fully suppoort Java. I cant even get the VK with it. I have not found a sutiable browser that I liked.

i have an 8525 (also an HTC) and run ElkRM over the 3G connection just fine.

How do you run the ELK RM with the 8525 when the ELK RM requires a 640x480 display? I've been unable to get the RM software to work on my Sprint Touch (240x320) or even my Axim x50v (which is 640x480 but the ELK RM software thinks the resolution is something different).

Pre-written screens that someone else thinks I like?

Bah, humbug. Take the 15 minutes to design your own screens for your PDA/cellphone, so you don't waste screen real estate because someone else feels is important. Use whatever resolution you got on your cellphone. Plus, you won't need to do any coding needed to do this :)

Note: The rest of those screens are here.

PPC_Elk.jpg

PPC_Motion.jpg

ppc_overview.jpg

Back