Moonshine Switch / Domobec's New Product Line !!UPDATED!!

I too am curious as to what it actually does. I hope the engineering is nailed down a little tighter than the marketing is so far.

I was in a house with Advantage HA today, and noticed a nice little single gang screen with 6 square buttons on the screen, each labeled for a different set of lights. Is that what this does? Will it work with HouseBot?

As a long time marketer, I have to add that "Moonshine" is a very questionable name if you're going to market the product in the U.S.

If you want to stick to the dark night thing, give some thought to StarBright, StarLight or StarShine. Or, if you're stuck on the moon theme, consider MoonBeam or MoonLight (Those will cost you a couple of free switches :lol:)

Hello guys !
Sorry for the post delay, wish they would invent time warping devices !! ;)

Concerning the product naming, you got us there, after some researches, the name moonshine is in deed as popular as you say and sadly, our marketing manager did not know that. We will most certainly revise it while it is still time. Thank you for all your comments and sugestions !

As for our logo, the POWER sign branding has been studied and we can confirm it is in no way a copyright infrigment.
This one is also a small part of our official logo which contains the DOMOBEC word. ( See our website for refs @ domobec.com ).

123, happy to see we, frogs, still spread across Canada, I too have lots of family in BC and I lived there for 2 years. Loved it !
Must I admit that I am not too "fan" of our governmental poilicies...( Quebec ) :/

Steve :
- I will have to get back to you after speaking to my technician but I think WinCe can run flash based contents.
- 2.4GHZ/WIFI is the connection to the server from the switch ( 802.11B )
- This unit should be compatible with pretty much all WinCE based control applications, depending on the processing requirements
- The brands previously mentionned are just a reference to what type of control you can have easily with it once you have it linked on a server.

Thx again all !

LoOwEe

Hello guys, as requested by many of you, here is an update on the moonshine switch by Domobec :

-Product name has recently been changed to MoonBeam
-Specs have not changed as up to now for this one, although we have started to work on a cheaper centralized solution.
-We are not expecting beta shipments before march 2010 because of production matters and financing but we can assure you the project has not been put to the shelves, we are anxious to provide 20-30 beta testers with preferred pricing but will not ship any unit before some important logistics have been taken care of.
-Thank you all for supporting our efforts, this keeps us and our partners knowing demand is not a factor in manufacturing our product.

TO ALL BETA SUSCRIBERS, PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE RECEIVED ALL EMAILS SENT ( @ Domobec.com ) AND HAVE BUILT A LIST OF ALL REQUEST INFOS. You will be contacted as soon as we have updates.
Future updates will also be in the form of a newsletter to your suscribing email address.

Thanks again, once again, sorry for the update lag.
We invite you to keep this thread alive and do not hesitate to ask us any questions in the meantime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys !

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past weeks/ months, we have been busier than ever opening new branches in MTL and southern parts of Quebec...

I can assure you this product will not be left for dead or at least, the idea behind it since our main developpers found a better suited and even cheaper way to put this on the market. This one would be a centralized controller with multiple remote displays kinda like tiny touchscreens spreaded on a windows based OS.

Altough I am confident in finding more R&D time in the next month for the development to evolve, we would not want to give false hopes and wont put any date on a new prototype. We might also be looking @ building 10-50 units of the working prototype in the thread to ship out to the first suscribers on the pre-order and forums*as we noted down all contacts.

Thanks for your understanding !

P.S.: Itouch or any windows based pocket pcs are in deed good alternatives but less adequate for esthetics and seamless integration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can assure you this product will not be left for dead or at least, the idea behind it since our main developpers found a better suited and even cheaper way to put this on the market. This one would be a centralized controller with multiple remote displays kinda like tiny touchscreens spreaded on a windows based OS.
That sounds alot like the Touchtronix units that did not last very long. Maybe you would have a better implementation, but do your homework before spending alot of money on R&D and development on a product similar that failed.

Looks like this product just flew out the window. The only reason I found it appealing to begin with was it's remote, independent nature.
Guess I'll be trying to find a way to use hacked second-hand ithouches after all :(

If this product ever makes it to mass production I will be surprised - pleasantly surprised but surprised.

Back