Moonshine Switch / Domobec's New Product Line !!UPDATED!!

Thank you TX for detailling the criterias and functions you would like on the device !
All points will be taken into consideration, lots of them are very good altough it will always be a pricing and flexibility issue due to the countless technologies out there.

I can already reassure you tough that since we use a Windows CE Os and do not plan on limiting the device's performances, you should have the freedom to install WinCE applications onto the unit requiring simple knowledge of the do's and dont's of CE. :lol:

Peace Orchestra is a must for any techno-workhaolics ! Creates the perfect mood !!
Actually, the whole Animatrix Soundtrack is a good choice for that type of music
!

Thx again to all posters !

Any chance for a low voltage version of this device?

I have an old phast system that is going to soon need replacement and the keypads are in single gang boxes with cat-5 cables running to the boxes in a home run configuration.

Any chance for a low voltage version of this device?

I have an old phast system that is going to soon need replacement and the keypads are in single gang boxes with cat-5 cables running to the boxes in a home run configuration.

Yes there is ! We are looking into releasing a low voltage version for the device, to be continued...
Hard wired ethernet version will most likely be following as well...

Thanks for the reply, loowee.

I am really looking forward to seeing the specs/pics of your low voltage (PoE?), ethernet solution when it materializes. This will be a huge WAF increase to have "touchscreens" around the house, especially after what I spent this month on software/equipment.

Bonjour from Montreal. ;)

This product looks interesting and I will be watching for when the specs are finally available. However, I do not use Homeseer -- I use Promixis Girder and NetRemote, which you may want to take a look at since NetRemote is Girder's front end and it is designed for devices exactly like yours. (www.promixis.com) The versatility of these programs is almost unparalleled.

Do you have an office/showroom in Montreal by any chance? I may be interested in dropping by to take a look at your wares.

Bonjour from Montreal. :)

This product looks interesting and I will be watching for when the specs are finally available. However, I do not use Homeseer -- I use Promixis Girder and NetRemote, which you may want to take a look at since NetRemote is Girder's front end and it is designed for devices exactly like yours. (www.promixis.com) The versatility of these programs is almost unparalleled.

Do you have an office/showroom in Montreal by any chance? I may be interested in dropping by to take a look at your wares.

We have been using Girder for a many applications as of today and it is in deed a reliable and flexible software !
There should be no problem running CE compatible application based on it.

We also used mainlobby in most of our touchscreen interface installations but since homeseer is usually our central nerve, the new HStouch proves to be extremely more adequate for our systems as it is easier to use, MUCH lighter is ressources and we will offer pre-designed interfaces im sure newbies or not-so-DIY people will love.

Once again, we are pretty confident final performance specs will allow users to run any CE automation client on it, as long as these ones have the possibility to customize interfaces because the resolution and screen size should fit any standard faceplate (DECORA size - approx 1.5 x 2.75 inches).

Thank you !

Edit : We are located in Abitibi-Temiscamingue ( North of Montreal - 6 hours drive ) on the borders of Ontario province. We have a contract in Ile Perrot ( Suburb of MTL ) which should start around july 2009 and travel to Montreal for business every month or so. MTL Showroom and office is part of 2010 planning !

We also used mainlobby in most of our touchscreen interface installations but since homeseer is usually our central nerve, the new HStouch proves to be extremely more adequate for our systems as it is easier to use, MUCH lighter is resources and we will offer pre-designed interfaces im sure newbies or not-so-DIY people will love.

There is a version of MainLobby that runs on Windows CE?

Salut Loowee,

I'm using Premise for Home Automation and it displays its user-interface via a web-browser. Can you tell us more about the Moonshine Switch's version of Win CE and its hardware? Does it come with Internet Explorer? What flavour of CPU does it use?

MainLobby client does not run on CE. I think what Loowee was speaking of was that for primary touchscreens, they run MainLobby client on full Win OS. For the small CE touchscreens, HSTouch.

BTW, there have been some recent ML updates that run on much lighter PC hardware with much faster graphical and scene updates. Still require full Win OS. I am now running in Win7 and it rocks.

We have been using Girder for a many applications as of today and it is in deed a reliable and flexible software !
There should be no problem running CE compatible application based on it.

Once again, we are pretty confident final performance specs will allow users to run any CE automation client on it, as long as these ones have the possibility to customize interfaces because the resolution and screen size should fit any standard faceplate (DECORA size - approx 1.5 x 2.75 inches).

Edit : We are located in Abitibi-Temiscamingue ( North of Montreal - 6 hours drive ) on the borders of Ontario province. We have a contract in Ile Perrot ( Suburb of MTL ) which should start around july 2009 and travel to Montreal for business every month or so. MTL Showroom and office is part of 2010 planning !

Glad you like Girder. I've been a happy user of the software for many years (and hopefully many more). That's great news that I'll be able to use NetRemote with your device.

I'd be interested in hearing about when I would be able to see your product in action. A 6 hour drive is a little much, but even though Ile Perrot is quite far as well, it is certainly more within reach. Maybe once you establish base in Montreal I can come work for you. :p

-D

There is a version of MainLobby that runs on Windows CE?

Never checked but not that I know know of ...
We use this one on standard VGA touchscreens, but HStouch runs on all windows no problem. :p

Edit : Just noticed David's post - exactly right !! :throwup:

Salut Loowee,

I'm using Premise for Home Automation and it displays its user-interface via a web-browser. Can you tell us more about the Moonshine Switch's version of Win CE and its hardware? Does it come with Internet Explorer? What flavour of CPU does it use?

Hello 123

- CPU should be around 420MHZ
- It should hold up to 64MB of datas
- IE will be included in deed, this will enable users to develop or integrate HTML or Flash content easily !
- Win CE 5.0 should be the OS embedded on the first units

Thx !

Hello again guys !

Sorry for the long silence, we have been very busy in the last few months with the HA boom up here in Quebec, Canada but we have great news as our final release version has been up and running flawlessly in multiple local infrastructures for over a month now.

A new video and final specifications should be available soon ( before september ).

Market availability should be in the last quarter of 2009 but we cannot guarantee when because of manufacturing logistics.

Thank you and feel free to share any questions or comments with us !

Back