Motions near keypad and exit/entry doors

Just heard from Elk that these Glass Breaks (NX-487) have NOT been evaluated with the Elk only the NX-488. So, in short, I'm told they are not compatible.

hmm... i searched around for the 487's and 488's and i saw the 487's described as "wireless" and the 488's described as "crystal wireless"... i guess i was just assuming they would have put crystal on there if it was...

hmm... i searched around for the 487's and 488's and i saw the 487's described as "wireless" and the 488's described as "crystal wireless"... i guess i was just assuming they would have put crystal on there if it was...

I'll see if this file will upload but it's a spreadsheet that lists all the "GE" sensors. I have it filtered to only show crystal.

Well, the excel file won't upload so I'll try html...

Just remember the perp is already in the house when the motion goes off. Only window/door switches and glassbreaks catch them before they are in the house. Go with the glassbreaks and motions for layered protection and if all possible hard wire anything you can.

Just remember the perp is already in the house when the motion goes off. Only window/door switches and glassbreaks catch them before they are in the house. Go with the glassbreaks and motions for layered protection and if all possible hard wire anything you can.

Agreed! I am going to purchase the NX488's to replace all the NX487's that aren't compatible. I'm glad I tried testing them by trying to make them trip an alarm instead of just watching the red light!

you could alwas shoot a IR beam in frount of the window so if the glass breaks or someone comes through it trips it. This way you can use it at night also. Just a thought. Glass breaks are good though.

Back