Moved Lighting Control To The Elk

harleydude

This past weekend I finally shutdown HomeSeer and moved lighting control over to the Elk. So far things are running very well, however I did have a few things that I need some guidance on.

1. I have certain events that happen depending on the day of week, is it possible to setup a rule like?
Code:
WHENEVER DAY is Saturday...

2. I am also working on control of some lighting via the RS232 port and a PC running Girder. When I have Girder issue a A6 DIM 50%, the light dims as requested, however the Elk reports back to Girder an A6 ON. I expected that if the Elk were to echo back a response that it would echo A6 DIM 50% or something similar. Am I missing something here? Below is a sample of the data sent to the Elk and then received from it.
Code:
To Elk: 11pcA08050800000035
From Elk: A080100

I still have a couple of minor issuses that I have not fully looked into yet. Will post more later.

Rick

Make sure you have set up the lighting device for a Preset Dim or dimmable type lighting device. Use the following type commands for a 50 percent light level:

11pcA08095000000034 where A08 is House/Unit, 09 is Preset Dim command, 50 is the light percentage level. Reference page 26 and 27, M1 ASCII Protocol.

The M1 replies with the light level of 50%:
0BPCA0850008D

FYI: The M1 only knows the preset dim levels, NOT X10 devices with dim levels set by multiple dim commands. In the case of multiple dims sent to an X10 device, the M1 will return the status as being ON. The M1 cannot keep up with dims and brights and what level the light might be at because different light switches dim and brighten at different rates. One switch might go from full on to 50% in 4 dims, another might take 6 dims.

For Day of week Rules, the day of the week will be in the AND part of the Rule:
WHENEVER TIME IS 12:00 PM
AND THE DAY(S) OF THE WEEK IS/ARE -M-----
THEN ......

Doh!!

I did not looked past the WHENEVER part of the rule. Found it and set it up. Thanks

I will look into the dimming stuff more when I get home.

Rick

Back