Multi-zone HVAC w/HAI

tmbrown97

Hi,

I have a current 2-zone HVAC system that I want to make "controllable" - I used HAI in my last home and I think they're the better looking of the options... I also want to upgrade from a 2-zone to a 3-zone for better temperature balancing and energy efficiency.

So far I was thinking my best option was RCS because I could just get a new zone controller and their wall display units, but I'm having a hard time with the looks of them - I'd prefer the omnistat2. I was just reading that they have some compatibility with zoned systems and wanted to find out more.

If one was prepared to replace the zone controller and all, what would be the best way to make a 3-zone system from scratch using Onistat2's?

Thx!

If one was prepared to replace the zone controller and all, what would be the best way to make a 3-zone system from scratch using Onistat2's?

It can be easy IF your zone controller (as do many) work with simple 1 stage thermostats.

In my home the Lennox zone controllers are like that so when it came to replacing the thermostats I had lots of options.

Back