Multiple 624s on a single battery?

Sacedog

Title pretty much says it. Can I run three 624 power supplies off of a single battery, or is this not possible? 3 624s, 3 wall warts, and 3 batteries will take up a lot of space in the can.

Title pretty much says it. Can I run three 624 power supplies off of a single battery, or is this not possible? 3 624s, 3 wall warts, and 3 batteries will take up a lot of space in the can.

So you are going to have all 3 send charging current to the battery? Have you designed some sort of diode isolation circuit for this? How big a battery are you using?

I would suggest a larger power supply like the 4 amp Elk-P412. Then you will have 1 power supply with three individual outputs and 1 battery.

So you are going to have all 3 send charging current to the battery? Have you designed some sort of diode isolation circuit for this? How big a battery are you using?

See. I knew I hadn't thought this through before I posted. Good point. Can the outputs on the 4-amp power supply be wired up to power distribution units? I need to power a lot of sensors (motion, glass breaks, etc.).

See. I knew I hadn't thought this through before I posted. Good point. Can the outputs on the 4-amp power supply be wired up to power distribution units? I need to power a lot of sensors (motion, glass breaks, etc.).
The 4 amp supply has three protected outputs. There is a limit on the amount of current each output can supply, I believe it is 2.5 amps, and an overall 4 amp limit. You can add multiple PD9HC's (power distributions) for multiple protected outputs but you still have to remain within the limits. I checked out Altronix power supplies and came right back to ELK as the best bang for the buck.

The 4 amp supply has three protected outputs. There is a limit on the amount of current each output can supply, I believe it is 2.5 amps, and an overall 4 amp limit. You can add multiple PD9HC's (power distributions) for multiple protected outputs but you still have to remain within the limits. I checked out Altronix power supplies and came right back to ELK as the best bang for the buck.

This is exactly how I power my motion sensors, RCS thermostats, and auxiliary relays connected to my Stargate. 1 Elk-P412 and 2 Elk-PD9HCs replaced 2 Moose CH12B power supplies in my setup.

Back