my.Elk 2.3

1.8 BETA has been posted. Major changes are the switch to an INI file for the configuration, which will be a huge improvement, and the support for triggering HS events using keypad buttons.

I tried that, but what works is

' My Elk Start
sError = hs.RunEx("my.elk.txt","OpenSerialPort","")
hs.writelog "my.elk.txt", sError

When you mentioned removing the () I tried it and it failed. A difference between HS1/2?

1.8 is no longer BETA since I haven't heard of a single issue, so I posted it online. This is definitely a recommend upgrade.

Well I have been running my.Elk for a long time now, and haven't run into a single issue yet. Before I move on to other projects, is there anything important (or very useful) which should be added?

electron said:
Before I move on to other projects, is there anything important (or very useful) which should be added?
First off, thanks for the script. It gives me the power I need with the flexibility to allow me to add anything else I might want. It is an elegant solution.

The only thing I can see to add is the polling of the inital states upon startup. As it is I have some zones (e.g. smoke detectors) that don't normally change states. These are shown with a status of "Unknown". It would be nice if the states could be set correctly without running around the house and triggering everything.

Hi Qubert,

This is something that is indeed very useful. I looked at this before, but couldn't figure out how to do this correctly without causing buffer overflows etc, so I will have to do some more research. Thanks for the feedback!

In the ASCII protocol, there is a single command "zs" that returns the state of all 208 possible zones. Issue that command upon powerup to find out the status of all zones.

my.Elk 1.9 is now available. I added support for a full zone status update, so you can sync your Homeseer installation when it first starts up by adding this to your startup script:
Code:
hs.RunEx("my.elk.txt","zs","")

This command will update all the zones you have defined in your my.Elk INI file.

It was up until around 5pm or so, then it went down until 20 minutes ago. You should be able to access the download now.

Version 2.0 will support (already does in beta) automatically issuing the zs command whenever it establishes a connection with the serial port, this option can be enabled/disabled with a simple variable. This makes it even easier to work with RP, since the script will sync up once you are connected again to the M1.

Hey Electron, while your playing with this thing I stumbled across something that would be useful.

In my case, while on vacation we let the dog into areas she is not normally at when nobody is home. My pet proof motion's weren't. Anyway, it made me think that it would be cool to be able to manipulate the zones from the script.

Just an idea - it's not something I would use much......

Back