My Nextel i760 Phone

NEXTEL data speeds....suck. ;)

They do not have a high enough frequency to use for true high speed connections.

I've been using Reqwireless browser to control HS for years from my cell phone.

Skibum said:
I've been using Reqwireless browser to control HS for years from my cell phone.
It's too bad Reqwireless is now defunct and I have no way to recover my last valid registration code.

I think I hosed my installation...

got the Boost i415 at Target
Singed up for the additional data plan
Got this USB cable (today) from eBAY Nextel Data Cable
(There was a mini-CD with some drivers on it - not specific to the i415. I played around with it and not I am not sure what I installed.
I think I followed the instuctions on Harry Thompson's site including the trouble shooting.

I got all the patches and software set up ok (I think) but I can't seem to connect to the phone. It complains and tells me to Reconnect the USB Cable to try again.

Anyone have the patience to give me a step by step? Should I wipe out my entire effort and start over?

Nevermind!
I uninstalled everything, removed all hardware devices and installed exactly from the Harry Thompson instructions - exactly. I seem to have gotten in now. It must have been the drivers I installed from the miniCD.

The i415 and i760 can also be used as a standard GPS (outputs NMEA data at 1 second intervals). All you need is the iDEN serial cable to output to your Laptop or Pocket PC. I am really getting alot for the $53 I spent on this phone (Boost i415).

www.accutracking.com is no longer accepting new free subscribers. The rates are now $6/month.

yes ;)

edit:

I cancelled my data plan through boost when the raised the daily rate, but amazingly accutracking still works as well as opera mini.

Squintz,
Is it free because you signed up before they charged? I just bought the beginning book for ARRL so I think that's the route I'll go with this. There's a free plugin for triggering when you are within a distance of your home, work, etc. You can also speak over the whole house audio when one of the kids are speeding :)

Yeah its only free because I got the software before they started to charge. I like the ideah of ARRL also and I am thinking about doing that eventually.

Squintz said:
Yeah its only free because I got the software before they started to charge. I like the ideah of ARRL also and I am thinking about doing that eventually.
Ah. I see. I've been reading the beginners guide and man am I an electronics idiot. I'm not sure I can remember all the E=IxR type stuff but I'm plowing through.

Back