New Charmed Quark web site

Nov0898 - I highly recommend that you watch the tutorial videos that are found on the CQC website under the learn tab. The very first video shows you how to install the system from scratch. It sounds like the program is installed fine - after all you are being asked for a log in user name and password.

CQC is complicated enough that you really need to watch the videos and/or read the materials. Don't just try to "wing it" (as I suspect you have tried to do up to this point) and then get frustrated and quit. All that is going to do is leave a bad taste in your mouth about the CQC experience when taking an extra few minutes to watch the video would likely change the entire outcome for you.

FYI, It looks like the Forum link now generates a popup, which is a bad idea. Copy/Paste doesn't work either.

FYI, It looks like the Forum link now generates a popup, which is a bad idea. Copy/Paste doesn't work either.

You mean it opens another browser window/tab? If so, that's definitely purposeful. I don't want to replace the main web site if they use that link to go the forum. And I can't embed it within the web site.

I don't think that copy/paste is something under my control, but I'll check it.

Firefox/Chrome treat the link like a typical Javascript based popup, so gets blocked unless I add the site to the white list. Also, I thought you were doing a HTML version of the site? Search engines can't index your site now.

Firefox/Chrome treat the link like a typical Javascript based popup, so gets blocked unless I add the site to the white list.

Not much I can do about that unless it replaces the web site, which wouldn't be optimal.

Also, I thought you were doing a HTML version of the site? Search engines can't index your site now.

There is one. If you don't have Silverlight installed, you'll see an intro screen and one of the options is to go to the old HTML format site.

I mean, I *noticed* that I couldn't scroll, but I didn't even think to mention it until MavRic mentioned it (and we all KNOW he's a crybaby.... ;) ). It didn't make me go out and immediately uninstall CQC....so I think scrolling is pretty minor. The new site LOOKS a lot better....almost modern.

I was pretty upset over the non scrolling feature myself and had to go to a bar and drink myself to calm down...then on the way back ran into a bus of nuns and orphans and accidentially dropped them off a cliff that way... see what a big deal a simple scrolling bar can be? I don't want to be a crybaby...i'm just trying to protect the nuns and orphans of this world....

I mean, I *noticed* that I couldn't scroll, but I didn't even think to mention it until MavRic mentioned it (and we all KNOW he's a crybaby.... ;) ). It didn't make me go out and immediately uninstall CQC....so I think scrolling is pretty minor. The new site LOOKS a lot better....almost modern.

I was pretty upset over the non scrolling feature myself and had to go to a bar and drink myself to calm down...then on the way back ran into a bus of nuns and orphans and accidentially dropped them off a cliff that way... see what a big deal a simple scrolling bar can be? I don't want to be a crybaby...i'm just trying to protect the nuns and orphans of this world....

It looks like it's there in Silverlight 4, but I'm using 3 for now in order to remain behind the curve and use the more tried and true stuff. If we stick with this for another round, we'll probably move it to V4 and this will work. If we don't, then we'll be using something else and it'll probably be a moot issue then.

Back