New Charmed Quark web site

OK, disabled Norton, and it installed, but then it asks me for a password, which is fine. When I then load the application, it asks for the username and password, but I dont know what the username is? Any ideas?

Good God Dean, whatever you do, DON'T make a business decision based on something I said!! :)

I am in no way representative of the human species, and my likes and dislikes are very peculiar, to say the least.

I mean, I *noticed* that I couldn't scroll, but I didn't even think to mention it until MavRic mentioned it (and we all KNOW he's a crybaby.... ;) ). It didn't make me go out and immediately uninstall CQC....so I think scrolling is pretty minor. The new site LOOKS a lot better....almost modern.

OK, disabled Norton, and it installed, but then it asks me for a password, which is fine. When I then load the application, it asks for the username and password, but I dont know what the username is? Any ideas?

There again you skipped the instructions :) It told you on the page where you entered the password that you were setting up the initial account which has the name Admin. So the initial administrative account is Admin and the password is the password you entered. This lets you start creating your system, then you can create other accounts as required.

BTW, you should start going through the Tutorial Videos, on the web site Support -> Tutorial Videos. These will walk through the whole process.

Good God Dean, whatever you do, DON'T make a business decision based on something I said!! :)

I am in no way representative of the human species, and my likes and dislikes are very peculiar, to say the least.

I mean, I *noticed* that I couldn't scroll, but I didn't even think to mention it until MavRic mentioned it (and we all KNOW he's a crybaby.... ;) ). It didn't make me go out and immediately uninstall CQC....so I think scrolling is pretty minor. The new site LOOKS a lot better....almost modern.

Unfortunately the general response has been overall negative, and various folks have had access problems from various platform/browser combos. So, it's probably not going to be workable in the end. I'm just quickly updating the existing web site for today's release, then I'll reconnoiter after that and decide what to do long term.

Dean,
Tried Admin as the user Id, and no go!

It's case sensitive, so be sure that you use Admin and that the password is the same case as what you entered. Oh, and though it maybe obvious, when you installed did you choose to have the background service start up automatically? I.e. if you are getting an error, then perhaps the service isn't started. If it just tells you that your login info was wrong, it's probably just a spelling thing. I assume it's not the former since the client program wouldn't have started up and asked you to log in in that case.

And, just in case your Norton thingie somehow prevented it from working when you set the password, though I doubt it, try Welcome as the password, which is the default if it's not set correctly during the initial installation.

I split the difference. I went ahead and did a binge and updated the old web site. The intro screen that you see if you don't have Silverlight indicates that you go can to that HTML version of the web site if you want to or can't access the Silverlight site.

I can't maintain two sites, so I'll think about what to do for the next release, but that's a bit out so there's time to cypher on it before making a decision.

This means that the new pricing scheme is now in effect.

I split the difference. I went ahead and did a binge and updated the old web site. The intro screen that you see if you don't have Silverlight indicates that you go can to that HTML version of the web site if you want to or can't access the Silverlight site.

I was going to check something on your site but I can't find where I can access the HTML version. I do not have and do not want Silverlight on my machine.

Eric

I was going to check something on your site but I can't find where I can access the HTML version. I do not have and do not want Silverlight on my machine.

Eric

You should get a simple introdoctory page if you don't have Silverlight installed. It provides links to load Silverlight and after that provides a link to the old HTML site. BTW, Silverlight is not in any way dangerous or abusive. It's not something that loads up in the background like Flash or puts hooks into your system all over the place. It's just some libraries that will only ever be in use when a Silverlight site is running in the browser. So I'm not sure where the animosity towards it comes from.

Nope, unistalled, and reinstalled, and still doesnt work. Ive just given up!

I would imagine it's Norton. It's actually a virus sold as an anti-virus product. You can't have a working system where something just silently prevents programs from doing what they are designed to do.

This is the first program Ive had an issue with. I disabled norton, and it wont work! I tried installing it on a laptop without Norton, nothing other than XP, and it also doesnt work. Oh well!

This is the first program Ive had an issue with. I disabled norton, and it wont work! I tried installing it on a laptop without Norton, nothing other than XP, and it also doesnt work. Oh well!

Oh well. Others aren't have any problems, so it definitely works. You just have something wierd going on there. I'm happy to assist you if you want.

I dont know what would be going on, as everything else works fine on my laptop, and my regular PC. Its no big deal, dont worry about it!

Back