New ELK M1 Arming State

rfdesq

Has anyone found the need to have a custom M1 arming state other than the standard away, stay, vacation? I'm starting to get into some tricky programming and it would sure be nice to have one or two custom, nameable, states to set various areas, zones, etc. to truly custom settings. Thanks.

The Vacation arming mode is there to write rules for to do custom things like turn off the water heater or lights. You could also randomly turn lights on and off when in that mode.

I am using the vacation mode already. I was thinking of a "pool party" mode that would allow guests into certain parts of the house and not others. A "wife out of town, girlfriend coming over" mode that would bypass one door and call my cell phone when user "wife" disarms the system ;). Just a few of the options.

A "wife out of town, girlfriend coming over" mode that would bypass one door and call my cell phone when user "wife" disarms the system .

Ok are we all going to create a "squeeky wheel" to get this????? ;)

Seem like outputs would be the answer— more specifically, using outputs that do not map to real outputs. They have an on/off state, like modes. Can be set via tasks, triggers, etc. And the status of an output could be reflected on the keypads via flashing buttons.

For example, our hot water recirculation pump only runs on demand. When it is on/off, it sets the state of an output accordingly, and that output will cause the F5 button to flash when it's on.

I was looking more toward the selective area and zone arming/bypass abilities of the M1 based on how it is armed. Here's a couple without the humor. "Housekeeper mode" arms my office, the gun safe, and the wall safe zones. The housekeeper can clean all the areas but those that are put off limits. "Dog Sitter" mode only allows the dog sitter to enter the residence portion of the guest house while leaving the garage, workshop, main house, office, covered. That's why I wanted custom naming also.

I created some flags via outputs that turn on monitoring of specific areas which should be considered off limits. Whenever somebody enters my shack room I receive an email at the office. I could turn on the siren if desired.

I have a few questions.. and may have some time to think about this..

Do you have door locks controlled by the Elk, or just sensors?
How would you activate these modes? (function key, task, etc.)
How many extra modes would you need to support?

With what you've described so far, you could use tasks, perhaps mapped to function keys, that armed the system, set an output to flag the mode, bypassed the appropriate sensors, and disabled the appropriate locks. Then, if you wanted to do something when it was disarmed, you have the output set when the system is disarmed, so you can call the cell, flash the siren, etc.. when your wife disarms the system. Please let me know what's not acceptable with this solution.

Adam

afenn said:
Do you have door locks controlled by the Elk, or just sensors?
How would you activate these modes? (function key, task, etc.)
How many extra modes would you need to support?
I have no door locks controlled by the M1. I would like to activate these modes with just a press of the AWAY button. I would like to scroll from Armed Away to Armed Vacation, to Armed "Custom". I think two extra nameable modes would suit my purposes. It would be very WAF to say, don't forget to arm to "Housekeeper" mode when you leave for work. Don't forget to arm to "Dogsitter" mode before we leave for the weekend. All the internal programming would be done in ELKRP based on the system being armed to a custom mode. I'm just kicking it around. It would be nice to have a dogs loose in the house mode, cocktail party mode. And, I'm just talking about the security side of things.

Back