New Elk M1 with Wireless

ulrick65

I just purchased an Elk M1 Gold system and a M1XRF2G to with it. I plan to DIY the install. I have an electrical background (electrician turned Engineer) but I have never installed an alarm system before.

I have been reading up on the sensors I need (I plan to go mostly wireless) and was wondering about the GE models that work with this unit. The manual lists the part number and then says "or equivalent" for most of them. Is it safe to assume that any GE 319.5mhz device will work or is there a certain group I should be looking.

Thanks very much for the help.

Thanks for the replies. I read about those two Micro type here on the forum...they look pretty good.

So I am assume that any Crystal 319.5 sensor works then?

I also notice that some sensors specifically say "supervised"...would all the sensors be supervised? I would think I would get an indication if a sensor was no longer communicating with the controller (dead battery, broken, or whatever) or am I misunderstanding what "supervised" means?

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. I read about those two Micro type here on the forum...they look pretty good.

So I am assume that any Crystal 319.5 sensor works then?

I also notice that some sensors specifically say "supervised"...would all the sensors be supervised? I would think I would get an indication if a sensor was no longer communicating with the controller (dead battery, broken, or whatever) or am I misunderstanding what "supervised" means?

Thanks.
the only thing I dont like about these the magnets are oval shaped. the seemed to be desiged ned for some vinyl windows that have a gap in the track as these have double sided tape. the windows I installed them in I had no gap so my choices were to grind it down or buy new magnets. If you search my threads I asked about this and recommened a site to buy the magnets.

but otherwise really good sensors..

Back