• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

New features ...

What new feature would YOU like?

• Personal blog space

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A personal gallery

• I want both!

• I don't care!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

jwilson56

Well I voted for the gallery but in all honesty I can't think of how it will be a big impact at least for me.

And I am too old to get into blog'n... hehehehe

;)

John

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you plan on writing a how-to every day, it shouldn't be too big of an issue, but I am planning on writing a new interface for the How-To's, so there are several solutions I can implement to tackle that specific problem.

Squintz

Thats what i wanted to hear electron!... Any solution will be better than the current one. No, I'm not going to be writing how-to's everyday but i wish i could. Time and Lack of Knowledge is holding me back from doing so. But if it were easier to write a how-to and have it submitted i think some people my write them more often. The How-To's are what brought me to this site. May times people had refered me to this site and i just over looked it like it was no big thing. But everytime i needed a step by step guide for something i always ended up here. SO i figured id go ahead and sign up and now look. 524 post later i'm still here... How-to's are a major attraction to any site.

TechTooth

Hey Electron,

Any chance we could have a way of "embedding" attached pictures in the text?

Even when not writing a how-to, it might be helpful for explaining stuff.

Oh yeah, I voted for the blog, but don't think I would use either v much.

Thanks for all the effort! ;)

electron

Administrator
Staff member
You can embed pictures right now if you host them yourself using the IMG tags, or using the gallery module if it gets added.

smee

electron said:
You can embed pictures right now if you host them yourself using the IMG tags, or using the gallery module if it gets added.
I think this is the best reason for the gallery. You have my permission to continue. ;)

TechTooth

electron said:
Oh right, I didn't know what the IMG tags were for so have never used them.

That being the case, I second smee's comment, as I have nowhere to host images myself. Please disregard my vote for the blog!

Thanks for clearing that up! ;)

electron

Administrator
Staff member
well I just verified that the new version of the forum software will support multiple attachments, and can be placed anywhere in the post, looks pretty cool!

electron

Administrator
Staff member
in a few weeks hopefully, I am also working on a redesign, of the layout/colors, etc. which takes some time, but I have a local test copy up and running.

zack

AutomatedOutlet said:
Save your money.
Agreed.

I can see the purpose of having a gallery, but if 2.0 supports multiple attachments, then a gallery really isn't necessary.

dolphin

Well you know that I voted for the gallery. I'm a picture whore, so it was obvious.

Actually, I'm not the picture whore "persay"...I like to post pics of everybody else everywhere though. :D

I think either will be nice though. ;)