Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A personal gallery

• I want both!

• I don't care!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Well I voted for the gallery but in all honesty I can't think of how it will be a big impact at least for me.

And I am too old to get into blog'n... hehehehe

;)

John

Unless you plan on writing a how-to every day, it shouldn't be too big of an issue, but I am planning on writing a new interface for the How-To's, so there are several solutions I can implement to tackle that specific problem.

Thats what i wanted to hear electron!... Any solution will be better than the current one. No, I'm not going to be writing how-to's everyday but i wish i could. Time and Lack of Knowledge is holding me back from doing so. But if it were easier to write a how-to and have it submitted i think some people my write them more often. The How-To's are what brought me to this site. May times people had refered me to this site and i just over looked it like it was no big thing. But everytime i needed a step by step guide for something i always ended up here. SO i figured id go ahead and sign up and now look. 524 post later i'm still here... How-to's are a major attraction to any site.

Hey Electron,

Any chance we could have a way of "embedding" attached pictures in the text?

Even when not writing a how-to, it might be helpful for explaining stuff.

Oh yeah, I voted for the blog, but don't think I would use either v much.

Thanks for all the effort! ;)

You can embed pictures right now if you host them yourself using the IMG tags, or using the gallery module if it gets added.

electron said:
You can embed pictures right now if you host them yourself using the IMG tags, or using the gallery module if it gets added.
I think this is the best reason for the gallery. You have my permission to continue. ;)

electron said:
Oh right, I didn't know what the IMG tags were for so have never used them.

That being the case, I second smee's comment, as I have nowhere to host images myself. Please disregard my vote for the blog!

Thanks for clearing that up! ;)

well I just verified that the new version of the forum software will support multiple attachments, and can be placed anywhere in the post, looks pretty cool!

in a few weeks hopefully, I am also working on a redesign, of the layout/colors, etc. which takes some time, but I have a local test copy up and running.

AutomatedOutlet said:
Save your money.
Agreed.

I can see the purpose of having a gallery, but if 2.0 supports multiple attachments, then a gallery really isn't necessary.

Well you know that I voted for the gallery. I'm a picture whore, so it was obvious.

Actually, I'm not the picture whore "persay"...I like to post pics of everybody else everywhere though. :D

I think either will be nice though. ;)

Back