New Homeowner Seeking Advice on OmniPro II

BrianM

Hi everyone,

I recently joined your website after reading a lot of info on OmniPro. To start, I know literally nothing about this system (or home automation in general for that matter). I recently purchased a home and we are undergoing a remodel, and it has the OmniPro II system. I have no reason to believe it is not functional, but I am not sure everything works. From what I have been able to gather it provides the following functions in our home:
  • Door and window monitors/alarms
  • Intercom/Sound/Speakers - integrates with a Russound receiver and speaker system (there's a "ComPoint ISH1" hub)
  • Doorbell
  • Thermostat for heat and AC
  • And probably more...I also have a "WaterCop" system that has sensors throughout house to detect moisture and turns off my water if I have a leak, but not sure if it is part of or integrated with OmniPro.
I would like to keep the system and utilize these features (especially security, and I want to add outdoor security cameras), but I am concerned after reading about the discontinuation of OmniPro.

If I decide to keep the system, still have lots of questions:
  • How do I login to manage/evaluate the system?
  • Does it require software upgrades and how would I do that?
  • Will I be able to get support from somewhere on the initial "re-setup"?
  • Should I purchase parts that might soon be not available (i.e. controller board, sensors, touchscreen controls)?
Is anyone able to offer some direction on the best way to proceed? Or who I might talk to? Are there consultants/experts still available for this system? 

Looking for advice/help...

Thanks!
Brian
Encinitas, CA

Welcome to the Cocoontech Forum Brian.

Please take a picture of the OmniPro panel and post it here.

There are a few different types of panels.  The legacy has a chip upgrade and the newer ones have a software upgrade.

Difficult to purchase extra hardware but the base board / panel will last forever.  

• How do I login to manage/evaluate the system?
You will need to purchase PCA for dealer access to be able to program the panel.   There is no web interface to the panel.
  • Does it require software upgrades and how would I do that?
Last software upgrade was a few years ago so most likely you should be OK.
  • Will I be able to get support from somewhere on the initial "re-setup"?
Best support these days is right here on the Cocoontech forum.
  • Should I purchase parts that might soon be not available (i.e. controller board, sensors, touchscreen controls)?
It is always good to have hot spares for the OmniPro panel.

With regard to spares.

I have a brand new Omni Pro II Kit comprised of the following items, if anyone is interested?

LEV-20A00-2      Omni Pro II Controller with Enclosure Box
LEV-1105W        Leviton PC Access Windows Software
LEV-33A00-1      Omni Console Keypad - Surface Mount
HBMP-3045        24V AC 150W Power Supply
LEV-10A07-1      4 Way Class-C Relay Module 24V-30V DC 
HNIS3016           Honeywell IS3016 PIR 16m x 17m

Marcus

enstall said:
With regard to spares.

I have a brand new Omni Pro II Kit comprised of the following items, if anyone is interested?

LEV-20A00-2      Omni Pro II Controller with Enclosure Box
LEV-1105W        Leviton PC Access Windows Software
LEV-33A00-1      Omni Console Keypad - Surface Mount
HBMP-3045        24V AC 150W Power Supply
LEV-10A07-1      4 Way Class-C Relay Module 24V-30V DC 
HNIS3016           Honeywell IS3016 PIR 16m x 17m

Marcus
Marcus:

Welcome to CocoonTech.  Please place this post in the for sale forum with an asking price.  If you need help let me know and thanks.  BSR

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply...actually not sure how or if I am restricted from posting an image here, and apparently I cannot post links (to images) and I can only post once per day. 

Not sure if this helps, but my panel door says "20A00-2" and there's 2 chips on a motherboard that say: 

"HAI 
copyright 2006 
HAI 
20A04-2 
2.11B" 

and 

"HAI 
copyright 2002 
HAI 
20A05-2 
2.0"

I saw another of your posts on the PCA software, and then google searched and found a link to a company called volutone offering a "Leviton 1105W PC ACCESS DEALER SOFTWARE UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD" for $246.09

Based on your experience, which "hot spares" should I look into, and where would you recommend I purchase?

I will certainly use the forums here, but was also hoping to possibly connect for like a direct consultation (if that's a thing)? I've seen a lot of your comments on the OmniPro II, would you be wiling to speak to me directly/provide some paid training/intro to the system? (hopefully that's ok to ask??).

Thanks!
Brian

@BrianM

Looks like the older version of the board in while you have to replace the chips with updated firmware.  The chips are available from last few vendors still supporting the Leviton OmniPro series of panels.  The newer board have more serial port expansion.  

I saw another of your posts on the PCA software, and then google searched and found a link to a company called volutone offering a "Leviton 1105W PC ACCESS DEALER SOFTWARE UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD" for $246.09

There have been posts here on Cocoontech that the PCA software today may be free today and not needing a serial number for use.  I will look to confirm this.

The hardware will work fine depending on what you are doing with it or what you are thinking about expanding.

Are you using the panel automation?   Way back it was only X10 then expanded to many types of automation.

Do you have touchscreens, consoles, et all.  Do you have the installer code?  The default installer code is "1111" and you can program the panel with the console.

"Hot Spares" would be another main panel board and expansion boards if you are using them.  Base panel has 16 zones.  Some users go to 32 or 48 zones and secondary media cans with expansion interfaces.  

Is this what your panel looks like?  

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1446]

2.11B is early firmware. You will want to go to last revision of eprom chips which were 3.X or 4.X. I think they are available.

Does the panel power up?

Do you have keypad consoles and or touchscreens connected to it?

Here is an OmniPro 2 Installation manual and owners manual.

It will be least costly for you to learn about the panel yourself and to ask questions here. 

Are there any stickers on the panel as to the alarm company that installed it?

Checked out Leviton last release of PCA which was updated around January, 2021.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1447]

Tested installation on a new installation of Windows 10.  All registration stuff has been removed such that it is free now.

PCA and PCA help guide.

You can find the updated Eprom chips Googling OmniPro 2 Eprom Chips.

For example:

HAI 20A04-2UPG OmniPro II Upgrade Chip ==> https://www.smarthome-products.com/p-3998-hai-20a04-2upg-omnipro-ii-upgrade-chip.aspx

Here is an Ebay listing for a hot spare for you...with a zone expansion board on it.  Note that the OmniPro IIe is similar but different than the OmniPro 2.  

Leviton/ HAI IIe 20A01-2 Omni Pro II Automation Control and Security Panel

There are a bunch of listings on Ebay.  Mostly a tad high.  I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a hot spare right now.

Personally I would read the installation manual / user guide.  If you are OK with what you read then you can DIY your stuff.

Where are you located?

Hi Pete,

First thanks for taking the time to respond. I will try to download the PCA software, but not sure I have a link to the latest, free version you mentioned. If there is a download link you can share that would be great.

I do have touchscreens at a few locations in the house, once I am allowed to post images I will post those.

The panel image you posted looks identical to mine!

I also have the following in locations throughout the house:

HAI 33A00-4 Omni Console with Speaker / Microphone

OmniTouch Touchscreen

HAI Omnistat thermostat

All the doors and windows have sensors

Russound ISH1 ComPoint Hub

Russound Uno-S1 Smart Keypad (or very similar)

Intercom controls next to the Uno keypad

The system has power, there are currently three red lights illuminated (vertical) in the lower left area of the panel.

I do not have the installer code, but if i can figure out how to access the system through the consoles as you have suggested, I will try the default installer code you provided. 

I did not see any stickers on the panel referencing an installer.

Thank you for providing the manuals, I will review these and try and figure out next steps, what I have, prior to purchasing the chips or hot spares.

I am located in Encinitas, CA.

Thanks again for your assistance, very much appreciated.

Brian

Hi Pete,

Disregard my comment on the PCA software, I did not realize your link was to the actual software...thank you!

Curious what you are / panel is using for Lighting automation?  X10?  UPB?  Z-Wave?  Zigbee?

What still works fine for me is an Application called Snaplink that is a bit aged but available for Windows, iOS and Android.

You will need the installer code to connect to the panel via the keypad consoles or touchscreens or PCA.

Well maybe not so much for PCA.  What you need for the network connection are the keycodes which you can get via the installer code on the consoles.

What may work too is using a serial connection to the panel and PCA.  With this connection you may be able to change or see the installer code and network key codes.

Good pictures. 

That is an OmniPro 2 first generation as in the above drawing.  The touchscreen is the 3.5" serial version of the OmniTouch screen.

There was a 5.7 " version of same screen and later a 5.7" ethernet version of the same screen.

Your thermostat is an HAI RC-80. 

I see a UPB PIM which is your lighting control and one cable going to the panel for UPB control port on the panel.

The UPB in wall switches typically have multiple buttons or paddles and a little blue / orange LED on the top. 

I see you have a Russound audio zoned amplifier which must be going to different rooms in the house. 

Each room would have a wall controller and a pair of speakers.  

A standard set up and using UPB for lighting control and Russound for zoned audio.  Try using the installer code "1111" to see the two line key code and your HAI OP2 panel IP address.  I do not see an ethernet cable plugged in to your panel though.

We are trying to help out a couple of clients who have HAI Omni Pro II systems but need a copy of PC Access software. Anyone aware of where we can get the software? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Theaterguy4u said:
We are trying to help out a couple of clients who have HAI Omni Pro II systems but need a copy of PC Access software. Anyone aware of where we can get the software? Thanks in advance for your help. 

if you need help leave your email to me

Back