New Insteon Products (or Not)

Digger

It would be nice if SH could at least tell us what is no longer planned for release. If we are waiting and waiting for a product that has been abandoned for one reason or another it only frustrates us.

So SH of your original planned products for 2006 which if any are no longer going to happen?? We know you cant give us dates for the one that are still in the pipeline but please dont leave us hanging for no reason.

I put in bold what I am waiting for personally and probably others are as well.

Q1 & Q2
Linc Management Software
ICON KeypadLinc
ToggleLinc V2 Relay (White or Ivory)
ToggleLinc V2 Dimmer (White or Ivory)
In Line Modules (Dimmer and Relay)
ContoLinc Maxi w/ INSTEON Features
Linc Essential Software
PowerLinc Bare Bones (no daughter card)
SignaLinc Hardwired Phase Coupler

Q3
KeypadLinc Relay
Lamp Socket Dimmer
PowerLinc Ethernet
RF Remote Control
Hybrid (RF and PLC) Lamp Module
IR Linc - (Insteon to/from IR)
I/O Linc - (One input/one relay output)
ChimeLinc

Q4
3-Speed Fan Control Switch
SwitchLinc Dimmer (RF only for no neutrals)
KeypadLinc with LCD Display
RF Remote Control with LCD
Linc Plus Software
PIR RF Motion Sensor
RF Key Fob
Hybrid Lamp Module with Local Control

From the Smarthome message boards:
Posted - 12/15/2006 : 10:20:41 AM Show Profile Visit mike's Homepage Send mike an AOL message Reply with Quote
Fyi to the community,

In the past year we have been very open about upcoming product releases and timelines.

It is now company policy not to discuss any product before it is made available for purchase.

SmartLabsMike
INSTEON - Linking Everything to Everything Else.
http://www.insteon.net

From the Smarthome message boards:
Posted - 12/15/2006 : 10:20:41 AM Show Profile Visit mike's Homepage Send mike an AOL message Reply with Quote
Fyi to the community,

In the past year we have been very open about upcoming product releases and timelines.

It is now company policy not to discuss any product before it is made available for purchase.

SmartLabsMike
INSTEON - Linking Everything to Everything Else.
http://www.insteon.net

I am not asking for a timeline. Just tell us which ones are abandoned.

Would be nice to hear; but I would not count on any comments from Smarthome/Smartlabs :D

you know what they say...you can wish in one hand and ....you get the point.

Other than that stupid remote, insteon development on Smarthome's end seems to have come to a screeching halt.

Other than that stupid remote, insteon development on Smarthome's end seems to have come to a screeching halt.

You are forgetting the laser etched paddles. That was the big hit for the past year. I am not being sarcastic. I bet they are making a fortune on them. Thats why they are rolling them out for more products. And if you think about it how many waranty claims will there be. Low startup costs, almost no R&D, and no tech support. Thats what they need simple low tech products to make money. There is probably more profit percentage wise in an etched paddle than in the dimmer.

LOL, probably true.

For what it's worth, I've talked to someone at Smarthome and mentioned I was anxious for an IR bridge and thermostats. I was told that they are "coming".

I also mentioned I was interested in smaller remotes (like X10s keychain remotes). I was told this was also "coming", but not as soon as the other products.

You are forgetting the laser etched paddles. That was the big hit for the past year. I am not being sarcastic. I bet they are making a fortune on them. Thats why they are rolling them out for more products. And if you think about it how many waranty claims will there be. Low startup costs, almost no R&D, and no tech support. Thats what they need simple low tech products to make money. There is probably more profit percentage wise in an etched paddle than in the dimmer.

Yeah I think on the agenda for 2007:

1.) Laser Etched Lamplinc
2.) Laser Etched InlineLink
3.) Laser Etched Signallincs (uh I mean access points)
4.) Laser Etched PLC

:)

i still think there was a mass walkout from smartlabs - the brain drain seems to coincide with a few new companies marketing insteon products - located in socal also - i just wish one would make an insteon outlet

slooplinc
-------------------------------------------------------------------
(please do not out my posts on the smarthome forum boardlinc)

i still think there was a mass walkout from smartlabs - the brain drain seems to coincide with a few new companies marketing insteon products - located in socal also - i just wish one would make an insteon outlet

slooplinc
I heard that it wasn't a "walkout", more like a "get out now, you are fired".

What does your signature mean?

Yeah I think on the agenda for 2007:

1.) Laser Etched Lamplinc
2.) Laser Etched InlineLink
3.) Laser Etched Signallincs (uh I mean access points)
4.) Laser Etched PLC

:)

When I called SH yesterday to ask for information and also some replacement clear plastic buttons for the keypadlincs I was going to ask when the Laser Etched wire nuts were coming out if SH gave me a hard time. But to be fair to SH their CS person was very pleasant and also helpful as she could be. That is a major plus for SH to get their CS staff in shape as far as customer satisfaction.

slooplinc

What does your signature mean?

SH may have "encouraged" people to leave to spread the product knowledge into the industry. It sounds harsh but its business. Why do R&D when someone else can do it for you and you get a royalty on anything they make.

Either way, it is encouraging if they are continuing to make Insteon products. It appears they believe in the technology, if nothing else.

Back