New Intermatic HomeSettings switches (are white)

ChrisWalker

A quick FYI: Intermatic has just started shipping their new 600 watt 3-way dimmers, and they're white. Not off-white like the early HA06s, but white white.

They've also changed the color on the HA06s to the same white, so all new HA06s will match traditional white wallplates.

[NOTE: there is also a $20 rebate on any HomeSettings device purchase (limit one) going on through the end of December.]

I'm not sure if I can post links to our online accessory store here, so I'll just describe the new products:
HA14C (600w rocker-style dimmer):
No neutral, extra wire for physical 3-way, supports links (associations) for virtual 3-way

HA20C (600w TOGGLE-style dimmer):
Same as HA14C, but with the basic "toggle" style. You press the toggle switch up or down to brighten/dim (or turn on/off), and it centers itself when not being pressed.

The HA18C (15A relay switch) and HA01C (15A outlet receptacle) are also both supposed to be shipping this month. All four products will probably retail for about $39.95.

It's nice to see their retail-price product line filling out...

Chris

Oh - the HA18C is a basic on/off relay for $40?

Ah, finally! I've got a few rooms left to wire that have lights/ceiling fans hence no 40W min load, but am not allowed to spend $80 on the expensive relay switch.

I like the $39.95 for the 15A outlet. Let us know when we can buy.

Will do.

And here I thought you guys would be excited that the HA06 is now available in white. Or that the HA14 costs about the same, is 600W, and can do 3-way circuits.

Chris

Just FYI, the HA01C (15A receptacle) is now available. They're $39.95, and qualify for the current $20 rebate promotion.

Chris

I'm tring to figure out how the three way feature works. I don't see any slaves for sale. Would you have to buy a second three way switch to use as the slave? If so they become a lot more expensive the ACT switches that just need a cheap slave to run them.

68sting,

I think you just buy a "standard" 3-way slave from Home Depot or Lowes. I have the instructions around here somewhere if I can find them...

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the info on the new devices and the rebate. I have been wanting to get at least one ZWave controlled wall socket. Now I can! I could not resist that price. :) Most of my other stuff is Vizia-RF but it all plays well with standard ZWave.

Ken

I think you have convinced me to "catch the Zwave" and give it a try. I wasted about $3K on Insteon that pretty much all died within a year or so (most of what was left I gave away to friends a few months ago and they pretty much died since then as well (not my friends thankfully)). I will throw about $500 into this and play with it. If its still working in the spring I will expand more at that time.

I think you have convinced me to "catch the Zwave" and give it a try. I wasted about $3K on Insteon that pretty much all died within a year or so (most of what was left I gave away to friends a few months ago and they pretty much died since then as well (not my friends thankfully)). I will throw about $500 into this and play with it. If its still working in the spring I will expand more at that time.

Just FYI, the new HA18C (15A wall switches) came in today. They're also 3-way. Pretty nifty, and just $39.95. The $20 rebate is valid on one of these as well.

[Is it alright to provide a link to our accessory store? Or is it more kosher to just let people follow the link in my signature and click on "Accessory Store" in the top-right corner? I'm not sure what the rules are around here, and I don't want to incur any wrath :)]

Chris

Back