New M1 installation - M1KP troubles

reslip

I've setup an M1EZ8 before, but have since moved to a new home and I decided to opt for an M1 Gold this time with two M1KP keypads. The M1KP keypads are both run with CAT5E to the M1 gold through the M1DBH. I've got both keypads wired up following the M1DBH instructions with JP3 jumpered on the M1 and the terminating resistor in J3. Both keypads have been enrolled, but it appears that communication is somewhat sketchy from the M1 to the keypads. I've double checked a lot of the connections and I don't see any shorts. Run lengths combined is probably under 500 feet.

If I press any of the buttons, such as ELK or chime, I hear a lower pitched buzz sound that is different from the door chime. The keypads appear to know about zone violations and rotate through with the correct time, area name, and temperature. Sometimes they will slowly go through the menus, but not without lots of the low pitched buzzing. Maybe they are data bus errors, but I'm not sure how to fix them or view if they are specific to the whole bus or just a keypad.

I've measured some resistance values to try and find a short, but I don't see anything that stands out:
Resistance directly from data A to data B on KP1 and KP2 is ~ 33kOhms
Resistance from the M1DBH unplugged through both KP1 and KP2 to terminator is ~134.5 Ohms
Resistance for KP1 orange white to green white is 4.5 Ohms, KP1 orange to green is also 4.5 Ohms
Resistance for KP2 orange white to green white is 5.4 Ohms, KP2 orange to green is also 5.4 Ohms.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately it beeps at me too much to even navigate menus successfully to check data errors.

Kp1 is set to address 1 and kp2 is set to Address 2

I ended up having a bad crimp on my second rj45 to kp2 that was connecting orange white to blue white and also brown white. I'm kind of surprised it was working at all.

Thanks everyone for the fast replies and suggestions.

Back