New to the forum and to CAI WebControl

GsK79

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and to using cai web control cards. I can imagine all kinds of possibility's.  I was given the card  currently have it setup and monitoring 2 temperature zones.  I am looking to add some different sensors and log the data as well.  I have the humidity sensors on order but would like to monitor Co2 levels as well.   I am wondering if it is possible to modify the System Status screen to display this as well?

You can write the value in one of the VARs but as far as I know you cannot change the built in WebControl8 web interface.

However once you have the data available on the WebControl you can run one of the many free web servers on an always on PC. From there you can write some simple code to do a pretty display on a customized web page. I have several WebControl8 projects at home and that is one of the projects on my To-Do list. 

I am going to try to assign it to one of the VARS.  I am still looking in to the email notifications but have managed to get my unit to run a 2 daily tasks and change output bit 2 based on a temp condition.  

Tschmidt said:
You can write the value in one of the VARs but as far as I know you cannot change the built in WebControl8 web interface.

However once you have the data available on the WebControl you can run one of the many free web servers on an always on PC. From there you can write some simple code to do a pretty display on a customized web page. I have several WebControl8 projects at home and that is one of the projects on my To-Do list. 

So I was able to assign my temp 1 reading to VARS 4 as a test while I wait on some other sensors to arrive.  Current ly it displays the exact reading being 235 when temp sensor 1 says 23.5 C.  How would a guy go programming it to display 23.5 and add text like the C?  

VAR is a integer, not a 'real number' in math term, so that it could not display that on the web GUI.  You can set the sensor to C or F, then the display is like x10 the actual temperature.

Back