Newbie questions Intermatic Home Settings

al445843

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Wireless Home Control Starter Kit from Intermatic, which includes:

- Lamp module HA03
- Appliance Module HA02
- Remote controller HA09
- USB Stick HA22
- ControlThink Z-wave PC SDK
- HomeSettings ThinkEssentials Software

So I was very excited to start my first home automation project and I started to play around with everything, the modules the SDK, the ThinkEssentials Software, and everything was working great.
My problems began, when I also wanted to try and add my devices to my Harmony 890, and even though everything worked great with the Harmony, but then everything was not working with either the SDK or the ThinkEssentials Software.
I tried Resetting the USB Stick, removing my devices from the Harmony Control, also tried adding them with the HA09 Control, but nothing works.
Again the only thing that's still working is the Harmony Control with the devices.
My guess is that once the Harmony took control of my devices and won't let them go, even when I removed them from the Harmony software.
I want to be able to get the ThinkEssentials software to take the control back.

Anyone knows what I can do?

Thank you in advance

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Wireless Home Control Starter Kit from Intermatic, which includes:

- Lamp module HA03
- Appliance Module HA02
- Remote controller HA09
- USB Stick HA22

So I was very excited to start my first home automation project and I started to play around with everything, the modules the SDK, the ThinkEssentials Software, and everything was working great.
My problems began, when I also wanted to try and add my devices to my Harmony 890, and even though everything worked great with the Harmony, but then everything was not working with either the SDK or the ThinkEssentials Software.
I tried Resetting the USB Stick, removing my devices from the Harmony Control, also tried adding them with the HA09 Control, but nothing works.
Again the only thing that's still working is the Harmony Control with the devices.
My guess is that once the Harmony took control of my devices and won't let them go, even when I removed them from the Harmony software.
I want to be able to get the ThinkEssentials softare to take the control back.

Thank you in advance

Good morning,

what happen to you is that after resetting the USB you created a new ZWAVE network with a different address and you did not backup the old one in Thinkessentials.
What you have to do is;
RESET THE usb STICK AGAIN TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO OLD DATA ON IT:
JOIN THE USB STICK TO YOUR ZWAVE NETWORK BY USING THE HARMONY REMOTE
MAKE THINKESSENTIALS THE PRIMARY CONTROLLER.
REPAIR NETWORK (IF YOU HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION)
TRANSFER THE PRIMARY ROLE BACK TO THE HARMONY
SAVE YOUR SETUP TO A FILE IN THINKESSENTIALS

the devices were never removed from the harmony network. use the exclusion process on each module with the ha09. harmony does not support primary shift nor replication and is a known problem. their implementation of zwave is segmented at best.

you are sol trying to use an 890 with any secondary controller including thinkessentials last i checked. if you had the 890 pro we could work something out but with a regular 890 the zwave implemented is not compatible.

Hi everyone,

- Lamp module HA03
- Appliance Module HA02
- Remote controller HA09
- USB Stick HA22

I want to be able to get the ThinkEssentials softare to take the control back.

Thank you in advance

Good morning,

what happen to you is that after resetting the USB you created a new ZWAVE network with a different address and you did not backup the old one in Thinkessentials.
What you have to do is;
RESET THE usb STICK AGAIN TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO OLD DATA ON IT:
JOIN THE USB STICK TO YOUR ZWAVE NETWORK BY USING THE HARMONY REMOTE
MAKE THINKESSENTIALS THE PRIMARY CONTROLLER.
REPAIR NETWORK (IF YOU HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION)
TRANSFER THE PRIMARY ROLE BACK TO THE HARMONY
SAVE YOUR SETUP TO A FILE IN THINKESSENTIALS

Thank you for your answer.
I've been very busy these days.
I tried a lot of things, even contacting Intermatic but nothing has worked and Intermatic didn't really provided anything good.
Regarding your answer, there's a lot of things that I really didn't understand, or knew what exactly to do.
I have already reset the USB stick.
I don't know how to join the USB stick to my harmony network, because the Harmony remote needs to add a z wave device by pressing some button and the USB stick doesn't have one.
I can't follow the next instructions, unless I pass through this first.
I would really appreciate if you could clarify more on this.

Thanks

the devices were never removed from the harmony network. use the exclusion process on each module with the ha09. harmony does not support primary shift nor replication and is a known problem. their implementation of zwave is segmented at best.

you are sol trying to use an 890 with any secondary controller including thinkessentials last i checked. if you had the 890 pro we could work something out but with a regular 890 the zwave implemented is not compatible.

Thank you for your answer.
I can't use the exclusion process with the HA09, because, the devices are not added there, that's actually my main problem, that I can't control them with either the HA09 or the ThinkEssentials software. Even though they're not added to the HA09, I tried to use the exclusion process anyway, without luck.
Only the Harmony 890 has control over my z wave devices, and I don't want that anymore.

if the harmony has control of them they can and need to be excluded to work on a different network. either you are doing the exclusion process wrong or your remote is faulty. try excluding it via the harmony if the ha09 isn't working. if you can't do it that way then i doubt you have 2 malfunctioning remotes although it is possible. would sound more like a user error in that case. if it works then you are good to go to add it in on the ha09

devices do not need to be added to a remote to exclude them. exclusion can be used on any device on any network via any remote that supports exclusion.

like i said before the regular 890 is not compatible with other zwave controllers and you are sol in trying to get them to work together last i checked (unless you have 890 pro). exclude them from 890 network and setup with ha09. then copy over to thinkessentials.

Back