Newbie with an ELK M1 - Getting it to arm...

Yes, you can disable voice messages. I had a rule setup to turn them off after a certain time at night and back on at a certain time in the morning.

mikefamig said:
The only way that I personally know to silence a system message is to blank the words of the message under "voice" in RP. You can silence exit delay and entry delay in keypad settings but I can't think of a way to silence system messages altogether.

Maybe someone else know of a way to do it?

Mike.

Global Settings G19 should do it. In RP2, there is a checkbox for Disable All Voice Messages on the G19-G25 Voice tab. Or you can select by type.

IIRC, a zone needs to be tripped during the exit timer to complete the arm EXIT mode. To simulate leaving the house. Not so with the arm STAY mode. I'll need to get out the manual.

Voice can be turned on/off through rules, but you already knew that.

Capture.JPG

42etus said:
IIRC, a zone needs to be tripped during the exit timer to complete the arm EXIT mode. To simulate leaving the house. Not so with the arm STAY mode. I'll need to get out the manual.

Voice can be turned on/off through rules, but you already knew that.

attachicon.gif
Capture.JPG

If you just enter a user code on the keypad when the status shows "Ready," it should start counting down through the exit delay.  Even if you don't open and close an exit door, the panel will arm in Away mode at the end of the exit delay.

Back