Newby

Hello folks,

Let me introduce myself. My company is AC/DC Electric in Washington state. I have been an electrician for the last 25 years or so. I started out as an elect. tech in the Air Force, and worked as a tech for the old "Burroughs" computer corporation before I switched to electrical. I have an AS degree and a teaching credential in Electrical consruction and manintenance, a BS in computer science (pre windows and never used) and a lot of school of hard knocks.

I have recently expanded my compny to include home automation, security and home theatre. I have been reading your posts since Sept '05' and have found it to be invaluable in figuring out the direction I wanted to take my company and the actual systems I am installing.

Currently I am in the prewire stage on a group of 6 houses. I will be utilizing UPB for lighting control, and Elk M1 Gold system and HAL imbedded on a Dell PC for a home controller and server.

Before i forget, I want to give ULTIMATE KUDOS to Martin @ Automated outlet and his crew for the way they have fielded my numerous questions and for there ongoing patience and support.

I am about 4 weeks from my first integration and am trying to get a leg up on all the system programming before it hits the fan. I hop eI can lean on you guys a bit when i get stuck and if I can answer any electrical code or other questions for you please feel free to ask.

I normally only get to read the posts on the weekends, and often don't sign in, just peek and poke for whatever I need at the time.

Hope to get to know you all better.

Don't forget to take a peek at MainLobby which integrates with both the ELK and the HAL system. www.cinemaronline.com

acdcelectric,
Keep us informed on how your installations are going. We love to hear the good news and will help you on the bad news.

Hey Mike - welcome to Cocoontech!

Thanks for the kind words.

Of course we're always here to help you but Cocoontech is also a great source for ideas and suggestions from a great bunch of people that really like this HA stuff.

Back