Newcomer from the far

Rogier21

Hello all!

I just found out about this site through avsform (which is in my opinion WAY too crowded with ads and too many forums)...

My living arrangement is a little odd: I am dutch, but live with my wife in Slovenia, and we want to move to Canada within 2-3 years. But I work on a cruiseship as officer, and before engineer.

I am currently looking into all kinda solutions for complete home automation.

At the moment I developed my own X10 software with scheduling and security control etc in Delphi. I have incoming cable which is distributed through my Videoserver to 3 TV's through the house, which all have theyr own settop box (energy efficient PC's).

For now I am satisfied but hopefully in my new house I will start all over and install everything from scratch...

Not much else to tell, just greetings from Greece!

Welcome Rogier! you will find this board is a great wealth of info and easy to navigate.

however, I am consused as Slovenia is well north of "greece"?

Welcome Rogier! you will find this board is a great wealth of info and easy to navigate.

however, I am consused as Slovenia is well north of "greece"?
Haha, no sorry I left a little part out.

I currently work on ships and am currently on one, I live in Slovenia, when i am home, but today I am in Greece, actually leaving 2 hours for Corfu.

Back