Next Alarm Transition

pete_c

Guru
Got this email this morning.

Yes we can keep your monitoring service.

Yes you can keep your existing system.

Yes you can keep your discounted Next Alarm pricing

We are your Next Alarm Central Station, we will honor your Next Alarm discount pricing. $10 per month if billed 2 years at a time, $12 per month if billed annually and $15 per month if billed monthly. All you will need to do is change the phone number in your alarm system, our technicians will help you. If you are using a broadband adapter, we will show you how to bypass it. In the alternative, we offer an appropriate cellular transmitter for $125 (shipping included) and supervised cellular service for an additional $8 per month. If you already have cellular service, it can be transferred directly to Amcest for a unified bill.

The new telephone number is 908 634-4934, which will change the last few digits of your Account Number from E* to NX. Call us for support or a test.

Call or email the Next Alarm transition team:

Susan G.
1 800 631-7370 x3014
[email protected]

Robby B.
1 800 631-7370
[email protected]

Victor C.
1 800 631-7370 x3102
[email protected]

Switching this morning.   Tested while on the phone with a customer service tech. 

CS said he will be sending me a contract  / web information to log in in the next couple of days.  Meanwhile I am all transitioned.

When testing they were already getting the Next Alarm stuff but told me that that phone number would be off shortly.  So just switched dial out numbers.  

pete_c said:
pete_c, on 24 Jun 2020 - 11:37, said:
pete_c, on 24 Jun 2020 - 11:37, said:

Got this email this morning.

Yes we can keep your monitoring service.

Yes you can keep your existing system.
Yes you can keep your discounted Next Alarm pricing

We are your Next Alarm Central Station, we will honor your Next Alarm discount pricing. $10 per month if billed 2 years at a time, $12 per month if billed annually and $15 per month if billed monthly. All you will need to do is change the phone number in your alarm system, our technicians will help you. If you are using a broadband adapter, we will show you how to bypass it. In the alternative, we offer an appropriate cellular transmitter for $125 (shipping included) and supervised cellular service for an additional $8 per month. If you already have cellular service, it can be transferred directly to Amcest for a unified bill.
The new telephone number is 908 634-4934, which will change the last few digits of your Account Number from E* to NX. Call us for support or a test.

Call or email the Next Alarm transition team:

Susan G.
1 800 631-7370 x3014
[email protected]

Robby B.
1 800 631-7370
[email protected]

Victor C.
1 800 631-7370 x3102
[email protected]
I've never heard of Amcest before, so I took a look at their web page and then used Google Maps Streetview to look at their facilities. It didn't leave me impressed.
index.php

Reviews on Google don't look good, either.

You mean a reviews like these?

The whole building needs refurbishing. It really looks like a scene from the Taxi show.

Monitoring is not reliable, customer service is bad and owner is very rude

Owner is extremely rude, worst billing department in the world.

All listed as Google reviews.

They have an A+ rating with the BBB but their only review there is a one star:

https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/roselle/profile/security-system-monitors/amcest-corporation-0221-1005901/customer-reviews

;)

The sales person told me that Amcrest was already monitoring the account for Next Alarm from a while ago.  That said I am going to check them out and didn't agree to a 1 or 2 year account for time bean and just a monthly right now.

It is a bit difficult to compare any service as only had two calls with Next Alarm in the last 15 years or so.  Both were false triggers but the police did come out as were not home and walked around the entire home with flashlights looking at all of the doors and windows.  

I have not yet signed a contract at this point any how.   

OK got suckered in by their emails and ease of transition.  I did nothing other than change the dialing out number.  ;)

I pay $131/yr for Watchlight/ Alarm Relay.    I have had them for more than 10 years.    They have always been very professional.   They monitor my site for security, fire, water alarm, battery trouble, and more.   They are always there if you want to put your system into test and move some wires around.

pete_c said:
;)

The sales person told me that Amcrest was already monitoring the account for Next Alarm from a while ago.

I rarely believe what a salesperson says, especially if they are commission based.  They make money when they take yours.  Even if they are salary, they don't meet the quota, they find someone that can.  So both forms have an incentive to sell you.

It could be that they were already monitoring it, but Next Alarm was paying them to do it, but the customer service could still be handled by Next Alarm.

Did you think about seeing if Next Alarm would match the pricing?  Did you just get an email out of the blue or did you contact them?  If the email came out of the blue, I wonder if Next Alarm knows that their customer base is being poached by their vendor?

I did get an email from Next Alarm about a month ago that stated my account was managed by Amcrest.  Will dig it up.

I have not yet signed any contract.  The sales person just mentioned it would take a few days.

The Next Alarm service is still working fine at this time.  It is nothing to change the number back to the Next Alarm number.

He did mention that in testing mode they where getting the alarm test calls with the old account number.

Here is the email that I received from Next Alarm on June 1, 2020.

donotreply <[email protected]>
Mon, Jun 1, 10:35 AM
to donotreply

Dear Next Alarm customer,

Thank you for your communication. Here is the latest guidance on the transition:
The Next Alarm system will be terminated on June 30, 2020. In order to keep connectivity with your system, you will need to reach out to a new service provider to see what is the best solution for your particular situation, as Next Alarm has no direct, out of the box replacement. We suggest two sources:

Your current central station- Amcest (877-639-8911 option 1), or
Authorized Sierra Wireless/Uplink residential security dealers in your area
If you would like specific contact information or referrals, please email us at: [email protected],  and please include the physical address where your system is located.

If you have pre-paid service with Next Alarm that extends past June 30, 2020, we will be refunding the unused portion.  Please verify that your correct Credit card information is on file in your Next Alarm account.

-all customer pre-paid refunds will be processed after the actual shutdown date of June 30, 2020.
-if you have a pre-paid for service, you will automictically receive a refund of the unused portion after June 30, 2020. You do not need to request this refund; it will happen automatically.
-Please allow 3-4 weeks processing time to receive your refunds
-If you have not received your refund by 8/1, please contact us at the above email address so we can resolve any issue.

As always, we appreciate your business and stand by ready to help you transition your system.

Best regards,

Thanks,

NextAlarm Support and Customer Success Team

I switched from the yearly Next Alarm fees to a monthly last year.  It is more than the yearly fee.  Amcrest tried to get me to sign up for a 2 year, then 1 year account and I said I wanted the same as Next Alarm (monthly) for time being.  That said I have not signed a contract yet.

pete_c said:
I switched from the yearly Next Alarm fees to a monthly last year.  It is more than the yearly fee.  Amcrest tried to get me to sign up for a 2 year, then 1 year account and I said I wanted the same as Next Alarm (monthly) for time being.  That said I have not signed a contract yet.
That building must be much bigger than it looks. There are actually three businesses with the same address:

1) Amcest Corporation. http://www.amcest.com/
2) Aarmco Security Corporation. https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.aarmco_security_corporation.2f79b86d59bec8c98c3317822c4bf593.html
3) Harbor Mobile Corporation. https://tmobile.harbormobile.com/

It is probably their main address and not all three business actually run their operations out of that building.  Take the alarm business and you would need a number of call center people to handle the alarm situations, customer service, etc. so those could all be at a different location or locations.

Satellite view:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/AMCEST+Corporation/@40.6486996,-74.2573937,41m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c3b2f115d7abd1:0x81daf034d83e31a9!8m2!3d40.6486956!4d-74.2572569

lanbrown said:
It is probably their main address and not all three business actually run their operations out of that building.  Take the alarm business and you would need a number of call center people to handle the alarm situations, customer service, etc. so those could all be at a different location or locations.

Satellite view:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/AMCEST+Corporation/@40.6486996,-74.2573937,41m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c3b2f115d7abd1:0x81daf034d83e31a9!8m2!3d40.6486956!4d-74.2572569
You mean these companies just use this "glamorous" address, but really have their offices in dumpier buildings?  Does look like the fancier part of Roselle, NJ.  :rofl:

I switched back the dial out number back to the Next Alarm one for time bean.  They are processing the Next Alarm stuff at this time any how.

When I tested with them they saw me calling in on the Next Alarm 877 number.  I then put their number in and they saw it but I did not get any texts or emails.  

I have not spoken to any body at Next Alarm in the last 2-3 years and have done testing only via the web interface and status on the web interface.

I am still set up to dial out for different events here not related to enabling the alarm.

ano said:
You mean these companies just use this "glamorous" address, but really have their offices in dumpier buildings?  Does look like the fancier part of Roselle, NJ.  :rofl:

Or they use this address because no one would want to go there and complain about the service.  They might run into Tyrone Biggums:
1071923b01cfcf750792cdf1a0df177e.png

Back