No beep from KP3s

dfleig

Hello, I'm having the a problem with both of my KP3s where they don't beep at all regardless of any of the chime, beep or tone settings. The KP2 I've got on the system works great though. When I purchased the system and played around with it before I installed it the KP3 I was using seemed to work fine. Somewhere in between then (about 4 months ago) and when I installed the system (about a month ago) I lost the KP3 beeps. The only thing I can think of that may have contributed to it is my newness to the ELK products and my fondness for messing with firmware upgrades, etc. Is it possible that I corrupted something somewhere?

Here are the details:

- M1Gold just upgraded to 4.5.8 but didn't fix problem.
- 1 KP2 upgraded to 2.1.48 - Key beep tone=1, Key beep volume=3
- 2 KP3s upgraded to 2.1.48 but didn't fix problem - Key beep tone=5, Key beep volume=1 (Have tried lots of other settings)
- 1 M1XEP, 2 M1XIN, 1 M1XSP
- Just one Area in use.

I've tried various combinations of keypad addressing and keypads even with only one KP3 on the system but nothing helps.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

Try this to see if beeps come back:

1. Save all your settings from the M1 in an ELKRP account file.

2. Default the M1 using 07-Globals, G45, 99. All programming will be set to factory default.

Does the beeps work?

3. Send your ELKRP setting back to the M1.

If the beeps did work, there is a setting that stopped the beeps. If the beeps did not come back, then the beeper could be bad.

Spanky,

After some busy times at work I finally got the chance to try this out and still don't have any beeps on either KP3 keypad. I find it hard to believe both KP3's have defective beepers but if taking everything back to out of the box doesn't fix it I can't think of anything else that would.

By the way, I love my M1. It's allowed the latent control freak in me to go wild. :)

Thanks,
David

Try this to see if beeps come back:

1. Save all your settings from the M1 in an ELKRP account file.

2. Default the M1 using 07-Globals, G45, 99. All programming will be set to factory default.

Does the beeps work?

3. Send your ELKRP setting back to the M1.

If the beeps did work, there is a setting that stopped the beeps. If the beeps did not come back, then the beeper could be bad.

Back