Omnitouch 7 Firmware Released v1.14 with Kernel v1.2

StarTrekDoors

Didn't see any read me notes with this one.  I wonder if this is one of those Leviton "try it and let us know what it does" releases....

So, I decided to give it a whirl.

• Rooms still isn't working correctly and shows multiple repeats of the same rooms (same as last several FW releases)
  • Key Click is now being heard at full volume (can be disabled in Settings)
  • Beep tone has been changed so it's more like a PTT walkie-talkie sound and less like a security system beep
  • Colors changed for borders to a darker anthracite gray color
  • Noticed H.264 cameras are still unsupported
  • Lighting menu still requires a lot of side scrolling and still finding it's possible to have accidental activates; lots of wasted space in lighting menu still
  • Still no congruence between Leviton applications.  OT7 still reads as "Macros" rather than "Activities" like Bitwise ads show but I think it should have been matched up to Snap Link which shows as "Buttons" and notation as "Buttons" in PC Access too
  • Still shows controls for heating and cooling to adjust Temperature Sensor and Humidity Sensor settings (up/down), which obviously can't be done as these are sensors, not thermostats

StarTrekDoors said:
Didn't see any read me notes with this one.  I wonder if this is one of those Leviton "try it and let us know what it does" releases....
Is there another kind?

Ok, so I'm going a little crazy... (Not due to firmware release 1.4 btw, but about other Omni firmware.)

I'm reading posts throughout this forum about Firmware versions for Omni products that I can not seem to find. (the 1.4 OT7 firmware I found just fine.).

I know about the homeauto.com page for downloading the "latest" firmware for the 5.7, and the 5.7e.
I'm aware of PC access downloading and grabbing the latest versions of itself, firmware for my OPII, Firmware for my OT7, (Just not my 5.7, 5.7e, or 10p) Notifier board, etc.  And I know how to use PC anywhere to connect to my board and update it.  I understand how to update my OT7 as per the Leviton pdf.
I also know how to update automation studio when there is an update.  (I assume that that update only updates the software itself, correct?  There is no firmware or screens version update included in that update, is there?)

So I think I have it sort of understood well enough to be dangerous.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, here are my questions:

1) In this forum and other places around the web, I am reading about firmware versions like 3.9 for the OPII, and firmware version 1.9 for the OT7, and other firmware versions that I can not seem to find for the products that I install for clients, and that I myself have installed in my own home.  Where are these mysterious updates found???  

2) Is there a DEFINITIVE list of what versions each product should be at, and where to get them???  I'm looking for something to tell me what my HAI Serial Servers should be at, OPII board, PCAccess, ALL touchpad models, everything Omni (and Leviton as it relates to Omni....).  

And if it's not too much to ask:  I'm also in the same boat with my Nuvo GC's I've installed.  I think 2.66t is the latest that I can get ahold of...  I am having integration issues with an OPII, Nuvo GC install I am doing for a new client, and I can not seem to get it right, even though I've done it 10's of times before (of course that was a few years ago, before the recession, which is what leads me to believe that I may have firmware / update issues and mismatches between different hardware and software versions that may be causing me the headaches).

Any help would be so very much appreciated!  If I posted in the wrong place, please let me know where I should post this problem.  I feel like I have searched and searched in the HAI subform for where to post this, so forgive me if it is misplaced.  I would be glad to fix it.  

Thanks.

Here I just use PCA as you do.  You can check on PCA as that too gets updated.

Current revisions of firmware are (I am not aware of any newer firmware.)

Note too that this is firmware and not software where as there are many folks that have working OmniPro panels / HVAC / Omnitouch consoles, audio et al that haven't touched their stuff now in over 10 years because it just works.

PCA is currently at: 3.15.0.803
Omni firmware is at 3.15
Omnitouch 7 kernel firmware is at: 1.2
Omnitouch 7 firmware is at: 1.14

Omni Notifier board: 1.5

Omnitouch 5.7 or 5.7e touchscreens / firmware hasn't been touched in a few years now. 
Windows OmniTouch Pro software has not been updated in a few years now.

Many folks here utilize software mentioned here with their OmniPro panels. I do and a happy camper.

Personally here I would like to try the bitwise integration sometime or another.  I am OK right now with my OmniTouch 5.7 and 5.7e's and custom touchscreens stuff. 

In this forum and other places around the web, I am reading about firmware versions like 3.9 for the OPII, and firmware version 1.9 for the OT7, and other firmware versions that I can not seem to find for the products that I install for clients, and that I myself have installed in my own home.  Where are these mysterious updates found???

As far as I know there is no OmniPro firmware above 3.15 today. 

I do not know anything about the OT7 other than what I see on PCA.

Is there a DEFINITIVE list of what versions each product should be at, and where to get them???  I'm looking for something to tell me what my HAI Serial Servers should be at, OPII board, PCAccess, ALL touchpad models, everything Omni (and Leviton as it relates to Omni....).

Not that I know of today right here on the CT forum.

And if it's not too much to ask:  I'm also in the same boat with my Nuvo GC's I've installed.  I think 2.66t is the latest that I can get ahold of...  I am having integration issues with an OPII, Nuvo GC install I am doing for a new client, and I can not seem to get it right, even though I've done it 10's of times before (of course that was a few years ago, before the recession, which is what leads me to believe that I may have firmware / update issues and mismatches between different hardware and software versions that may be causing me the headaches).

There are probably a few Omni and Nuvo folks here.  I utilize Russound with my OmniPro 2 and it works fine (old).

StarTrekDoors said:

So, I decided to give it a whirl.

• Rooms still isn't working correctly and shows multiple repeats of the same rooms (same as last several FW releases)
  • Key Click is now being heard at full volume (can be disabled in Settings)
  • Beep tone has been changed so it's more like a PTT walkie-talkie sound and less like a security system beep
  • Colors changed for borders to a darker anthracite gray color
  • Noticed H.264 cameras are still unsupported
  • Lighting menu still requires a lot of side scrolling and still finding it's possible to have accidental activates; lots of wasted space in lighting menu still
  • Still no congruence between Leviton applications.  OT7 still reads as "Macros" rather than "Activities" like Bitwise ads show but I think it should have been matched up to Snap Link which shows as "Buttons" and notation as "Buttons" in PC Access too
  • Still shows controls for heating and cooling to adjust Temperature Sensor and Humidity Sensor settings (up/down), which obviously can't be done as these are sensors, not thermostats
Does anyone nave a copy of the Omnitouch firmware file before  v1.14 to share?

Thanks.
Mike

Back