Non-integrated alarm system recomendations

Automate

I'm looking for an alarm system without integrated HA features (such as HAI and ELK) that will work well with a PC based HA system. Want one that can update the HA system with zone status for occupancy etc. I'm leaning toward a DSC with an IT100. Are there any other system I should be considering?

Thanks,

I also use the DSC / IT-100 config with HomeSeer and have been very pleased with the conbinagion, Your choice would more be based on what HA system you're using and if there is a good working plug-in for it or a way to integrate it with whatever HA system you use.

I use http://www.opensourceautomation.com/ and have already written a basic plugin for the DSC IT-100. I can write one for any alarm system that has a published interface protocol.

I do like how the IT-100 is event based so the plugin does not need to continually poll the status of every zone to see a change in any of them.

If you're rolling your own plug-in then you're good to go. The DSC has proven to be a stable system that does security very well, has a lot of features and add-ons if you need down the road.

Back