"Not Ready - Intrusion" on elk

IVB

Not sure what I did or did not do, but the Elk Keypad is reporting "Not Ready". When I try to enter the menu, all it says is "Intrusion - Zone x and y violated". They happen to be the only 2 zones that I currently have plugged in [via expanders]. IIRC, it may have said something about the expanders not being ready the very first time, can't quite recall.

I've scoured the install guide and the user guide, can't find this mode or how to reset the Elk.

Any tips?

(btw, thanks for anwering all the questions lately - i've certainly been creating new threads at a rapid pace due to my newbness]

I figured out the answer - I had forgotten to install the EOL's on this, zone was shorting, installing them got zones back to normal.

Man, could I make any more boneheaded moves...

btw, i just noticed a rotating U on the top left of the keypad. I can't seem to find any information on that in the manual. What is that?

IVB said:
btw, i just noticed a rotating U on the top left of the keypad. I can't seem to find any information on that in the manual. What is that?
I believe it is supposed to represent a rotating second hand, as in a countdown timer. I believe that it is an indication that you are still "logged in" with a password that will allow you to do things without having to re-enter an auth code.

The icon in the upper left corner of the LCD display is a Clock Icon. When you have entered a valid user code the icon will be displayed for 60 seconds. In that time you can single digit arm or enter user menus from 6 to 8 without an additional user code. Each press of a key will extend the time. Pressing the "*" key will cancel the user code timer and the icon will disappear.

If you have entered the installer code, the Clock Icon will display for about 4 and 1/2 minutes. Pressing the "*" key 3 times will cancel the installer code timer and send the "Local Programming End" signal to the central station if the communicator is programmed to transmit that signal. "Local Programming Begin" and "Local Programming End" is used by some central stations and installation companies to indicate that the M1 Control is in the "Test Mode" so the central station can ignore any signals during the test mode. It is also used to punch installers in and out of a job site.

Back