Notebook with bios password

deranged

Anyone know how to remove a bios password on a Toshiba Satellite 2065cds notebook ?

My son created a password and can't remember it. It is an old notebook but he loved to play with it....

Steven

I don't think any application would work, the notebook will not do anything without the bios password.

The parallel port thing looks interesting though, I will have to give it a try.

Thanks
StevenE

On most computers (laptops & desktops) there is usually a key combination that, when held down while powering up, will reset the CMOS memory. You will have to go to the manufacters web site to find the procedure though.

If I remember correctly, the older Toshibas used to have a special procedure that required a unique code to be typed in, and you could only get it from Toshiba support if you could prove you were the owner...

Desktops used to have a jumper to clear CMOS, while laptops did not use a jumper due to the theft rate, but every manufacturer does it their own way.

Let us know how it works out.

deranged said:
The parallel port thing looks interesting though, I will have to give it a try.
Yes, given that you're talking about the power on password vs. the setup password, no software can be loaded.

The parallel port dongle looks like it will do the trick based on some surfing around. Let us know if it does for you.

Back