Haiku Notifications Not Working

I've had my eye on Haiku and HaikuHelper for a number of years, and finally installed both of them last night.  My iOS devices are not receiving push notifications from HaikuHelper (HH).  I have searched this forum and done other Google searches before posting here, so I believe I've made a reasonable effort to get this working before asking for assistance.  Email notification works, as does Notification Center on the Mac where HH is running.

When I push the "Send Test Notification..." button in HH, I see the following in the Log:
2015-10-15 10:03:20 Notification » MyHome: Test Notification
2015-10-15 10:03:20 Notification » Push » MyHome: Sending push notification: Test Notification

2015-10-15 10:03:21 Intermediate Server Notice: For "notify" command: No subscriptions found for controller_id: 7FF8{I truncated the rest}

Here are the details of my configuration and a list of the things I've checked and tried.
  • HAI OmniPro II, Firmware 3.2B
  • HaikuHelper 4.03 (403) from the Mac AppStore
  • HH running on MacMini, Yosemite
  • Current connection name: MyHome
  • Haiku version on iOS devices from the AppStore is 3.101
  • Confirmed that connection name "MyHome" is exactly the same in HH, Haiku on iPhone 5s and Haiku on iPad
  • All devices connected to the same home network with Internet connectivity, iPhone and iPad are WiFi Connected
  • Verified in HH that "Enable iOS push notification transmission" is checked/enabled
  • Verified in Haiku that Push Notifications are turn on in the "Edit Controller" page
  • Verified in Haiku that Push Notifications are shown as "Enabled" on the "About" screen
  • Verified that Haiku notifications  are enabled in the iOS Settings > Notifications area
  • I have shutdown and restarted the Mac running HH
  • I have closed the Haiku app on the iOS devices
  • I have Powered off/Powered on the iOS devices
  • I have hard reset the iOS devices
  • I have deleted Haiku from the iOS and reinstalled it from the AppStore
  • I have tried several different controller names, carefully synchronizing them between HaikuHelper and Haiku on the iOS devices
  • I have deleted the controller "profiles" in both Haiku and HaikuHelper and re-entered everything from scratch, again being very careful to ensure that the Name matches between Haiku and HH. 
After all of this, I still get the "No subscriptions found for controller_id" message in the HH log file when I send a Test Notification. 

Any thoughts on what I might try next to get the Push Messages to come through on the iOS devices?

I noticed in the HH log file that the "controller_id" value from the "No subscriptions found" message changes when the Controller Name is changed.  I'm guessing that this controller_id is a hash of the Controller Name and other data (perhaps the private key values?)  Is there any way to view the controller_id generated in Haiku to verify that the iOS device is trying to subscribe to the same controller_id value that's generated by HaikuHelper?

Thanks very much!

You are correct that it is a hash based on the control name and the key. This is very strange, we have had no other reports and your attempts to correct the issue are correct and very thorough. This error implies that the client (iOS device) has failed to register on our intermediate server. It is possible it is having issues communicating with the haikuautomation.com domain. Please check that it is accessible from your iOS device. It might help to look at the log from the iOS device also when Haiku starts up, there may be some information in there explaining the problem. The issue is definitely on the iOS devices I think.

Looks like I'm having a similar issue with notifications:

2015-10-20 13:15:34 Intermediate Server Error: For "notify" command: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /push/notify was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at push.haikuautomation.com Port 34543</address>
</body></html>

Time to restart Apache.....

Thanks!

lupinglade said:
You are correct that it is a hash based on the control name and the key. This is very strange, we have had no other reports and your attempts to correct the issue are correct and very thorough. This error implies that the client (iOS device) has failed to register on our intermediate server. It is possible it is having issues communicating with the haikuautomation.com domain. Please check that it is accessible from your iOS device. It might help to look at the log from the iOS device also when Haiku starts up, there may be some information in there explaining the problem. The issue is definitely on the iOS devices I think.

I verified that the ios device can access haikuautomation.com via Safari.

I'd love to look at the log on the ios device.  Can you please tell me how to access it?  I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find it.

In the meantime, I followed a suggestion from elsewhere on this forum and managed to get Pushover notifications working via JavaScript calls in HaikuHelper.

stairway27 said:

I verified that the ios device can access haikuautomation.com via Safari.

I'd love to look at the log on the ios device.  Can you please tell me how to access it?  I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find it.

In the meantime, I followed a suggestion from elsewhere on this forum and managed to get Pushover notifications working via JavaScript calls in HaikuHelper.
Please test with the next update and let me know if you still have an issue.

I just started seeing the “Intermediate Server Error” message on the Haiku iOS app. Anyone else having this problem?

Me too here seeing Intermediate Server Error..... no matter if at home or accessing from away...  Hope this doesn't mean the end of Haiku IOS App.....

I noticed that the server error notice Only appears when the app page is be minimized so I am thinking this is something to do with iOS 14 update.

Back