Omni IIe bought NO U29 EEPROM help please

verizontec

I bought this board cheap and I got it this way. I thought that a U29 needed to have a chip in order to work. I was told it works. I have not tried. I have 2 Omni IIe upgrade chips as pictured. One is Hai the other Leviton. I don't know if I can drop one in U29 and power up. If so, which do I use. See attached pictures saved as pdf.

Please help.

Attachments

• board1.pdf
    667.7 KB · Views: 5
  • board2.pdf
    660.1 KB · Views: 4
  • board4.pdf
    540.2 KB · Views: 4
  • board5.pdf
    518.3 KB · Views: 4
I bought this board cheap and I got it this way. I thought that a U29 needed to have a chip in order to work. I was told it works. I have not tried. I have 2 Omni IIe upgrade chips as pictured. One is Hai the other Leviton. I don't know if I can drop one in U29 and power up. If so, which do I use. See attached pictures saved as pdf.

Please help.
Hi @verizontec,
You have one of the newest (last released) Omni boards. You can't use either of the eproms you posted pics of. They are for older versions of the Omni board. If you look under sockets J29 and J30, you'll see there are more modern chips installed. Why not hook up a keypad and see if it works?
dwalt

Just don't want to damage it. I wanted to check with someone first. It's been years since I worked on one of these.
Thank you

Back