OMNI IIe remote control feature problems (not networking issues)

swb_mct

I have 2 OMNI IIe remote control issues.

1.  When Web-Link was still working, I configured email notifications.  They still work and are important to us.   How can I add more email notification since Web-Link no longer works ?

2.  Have been using Snap-Link (Android) since it was introduced.  Recently, when CONTROL commands stopped working, I reinstalled Snap-Link, but it can't load the configuration.  It hangs forever.    So I  tried NQLINK.  NQLINK displays every item be loaded from the OMNI IIe, at it also hangs after loading about 20 or 30 unit names.

So I re-loaded a known-good configuration file to the OMNI and both phone apps still hang.  This happens when the phone is on the same local network as the OMNI or across the internet - no difference.

I even tried a 3 year old archived file - no difference. 

My Wife's iPhone Snap Link still works fine, but I am concerned it may never be able to be re-installed again, just like my Android.

1 - How can I add more email notification since Web-Link no longer works ?

- purchase the Leviton HAI Email board - old stock is available from many dealers on Ebay
- Snaplink for Windows still works fine running on any Windows computer
- Homeseer 3 with the Omni Plugin runs fine on an RPi or Zee2
- OmniLinkBridge works fine and will run in Linux, iOS or Windows

2 - Have been using Snap-Link (Android) since it was introduced.  Recently, when CONTROL commands stopped working, I reinstalled Snap-Link, but it can't load the configuration.  It hangs forever.    So I  tried NQLINK.  NQLINK displays every item be loaded from the OMNI IIe, at it also hangs after loading about 20 or 30 unit names.

- sound like a transport issue relating to your Firewall; put the panel in a DMZ and try it again.
- are you using PCA and if so are you having connectivity issues with PCA on the local LAN?

All of the above sounds more like a transport issue than a software issue.

I got Web-link II working by installing .asp support on my browser, BUT I DON'T get the Web-Link home page with RULES, CAMERAS, VIDEOS ETC at the top.  I get the home page with the main menu choices in the left column instead of the top and no top-level menu.  Its page id "0" I still get the browser notification that I don't appear to be running IE. I am running the latest IE11 and with .asp installed.

I found the problem with loading the configuration to the phone apps.   It hangs if my phone is using WiFi on the local network, same subnet, no firewall, but it works across the internet.  The slower download of the internet works,  the fast download on the LAN hangs partway into the configuration download. Its a mystery but not a problem as long as I can load across the internet.  

I tried both ways several times and the condition above is 100% (local vs Internet)

Yes, I have loaded the system with PCAccess.  I do this often because I add/change feature.    Which of my questions were your answering ??

When Web-Link was still working, I configured email notifications.  They still work and are important to us.   How can I add more email notification since Web-Link no longer works ?

What are you running Web-Link on?

What version of Windows?

Is it running using a serial connection or ethernet connection to your OmniPro panel?

Are you running Web-Link on a Microsoft Media computer?

swb_mct said:
Yes, I have loaded the system with PCAccess.  I do this often because I add/change feature.    Which of my questions were your answering ??

if you were success read/write to controller with PC access, that's mean your controller and network are fine. Problem maybe caused by your phone. Please try to check permission for app: storage, wi-fi .,etc

pete_c said:
When Web-Link was still working, I configured email notifications.  They still work and are important to us.   How can I add more email notification since Web-Link no longer works ?

What are you running Web-Link on?

What version of Windows?

Is it running using a serial connection or ethernet connection to your OmniPro panel?

Are you running Web-Link on a Microsoft Media computer?

Web-Link has been running on Windows 7 Pro since I first installed it.  We stopped using it because IE stopped working many years ago, I believe because .asp was no longer installed on the client.

Recently after installing .asp support on a Windows client, we get this home page - missing the top level menu that includes RULES.

Is this a server problem, or a client problem . . and how to fix ?   Thank You for your expertise and assistance

home.jpg

I would give a try to using Windows XP or Windows embedded for the client or even the server.

I am currently running OmniPro touch clients on embedded Windows tabletops.

pete_c said:
I would give a try to using Windows XP or Windows embedded for the client or even the server.

I am currently running OmniPro touch clients on embedded Windows tabletops.

I was finally able to access RULES on Web-Link - well enough to create new rules, but none of the editing or deleting functions work.   So I created an emtpy RULEINFO.DAT file and built new rules.   I don't need Web-Link for daily use, so I will just leave things the way they are.  I am sure its a Client/Browser problem and the thought of setting up an XP computer gave me nightmares, trying to find drivers that work on my oldest laptop which is much newer than Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.

swb_mct said:
Excerpt >> I am sure its a Client/Browser problem and the thought of setting up an XP computer gave me nightmares, trying to find drivers that work on my oldest laptop which is much newer than Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.

Which is an advantage of using an XP virtual machine - best of the working world and best of the modern world  :)

I was finally able to access RULES on Web-Link - well enough to create new rules, but none of the editing or deleting functions work. So I created an emtpy RULEINFO.DAT file and built new rules. I don't need Web-Link for daily use, so I will just leave things the way they are. I am sure its a Client/Browser problem and the thought of setting up an XP computer gave me nightmares, trying to find drivers that work on my oldest laptop which is much newer than Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.
Do you still have web-link II working? I'm stuck at running the client and I get "unable to connect". The server part is working as it pulls the firmware rev off the OmniProII. Any clues would be appreciated.
@dwalt

Does Web-Link need old Windows Internet Explorer (IE)?

Here configured one Windows 2016 server to run old IE / old Java / aspx.

You can utilize Windows 10/11 Oracle Virtual Box and an old XP ISO to build a tiny virtual machine running XP or embedded XP.

I am on Linux here mostly and do run "old" HAI software using custom PlayOnLinux configurations.

Helped a few forum MAC users install Virtual Box to do their OmniPro Panel / Upstart managment.

Oracle Virtual Box is available for Windows, Linux and iOS.

Are you using Windows 11?

Last edited:
Does Web-Link need old Windows Internet Explorer (IE)?

Here configured one Windows 2016 server to run old IE / old Java / aspx.

You can utilize Windows 10/11 Oracle Virtual Box and an old XP ISO to build a tiny virtual machine running XP or embedded XP.

I am on Linux here mostly and do run "old" HAI software using custom PlayOnLinux configurations.

Helped a few forum MAC users install Virtual Box to do their OmniPro Panel / Upstart managment.

Oracle Virtual Box is available for Windows, Linux and iOS.

Are you using Windows 11?
Hi @pete_c,
I only upgrade when I need to. I have only one program that needs win 10 to work properly... Main PC is win 7. Have HP 8560p laptops one on Win 7, one on Win 8.1 and one on Win 10. My servers all run Unraid for videos, audio books and software back-ups. Web-Link II was written for IE 6. I just tried setting it up again since the latest OmniProII I acquired came with a Web-Link II cd. I may dig up my old desktop with XP on it and start there. The laptops are mostly for work as I still support some clients. The laptops have a built in serial port which is great for HAI, Elk and Russound support. Also have an HP Stream 7 running 8.1 that I use as my remote control for Sonos. I stay on Sonos 8.3.1 so the upgrade won't brick my original Sonos remote (which still works great once I replaced the battery).

Back