OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

I've been stepping through this Home Assistant setup for OmniLink Bridge and I get the same screen for HACS as shown in Post #676.
Although I wasn't able to get the screen that Pete shows, I was able to add the Repository by URL from the Add-On Store button. I've added OmniLink Bridge and and working on the configuration following directions in this thread.

1710631614986.png
This is all I see from the HACS left side menu. I think this may be a new change based on a message that had popped up - you need to search now, no browse option.

Where I'm stuck at the moment is I've got the Bridge running, but when I go to Devices and pick OmniLink Bridge, this is all I see. I haven't configured the MQTT portion of the OmniLink Bridge Configuration settings. Is that the reason I don't see any Controls (Omni devices)? Is there a post or information posted somewhere about MQTT as to what is needed/how MQTT relates to this OmniLink Bridge Add-on?

1710631835938.png

1710631942413.png

but when I go to Devices and pick OmniLink Bridge, this is all I see. I haven't configured the MQTT portion of the OmniLink Bridge Configuration settings. Is that the reason I don't see any Controls (Omni devices)?

When configuring MQTT you will need a user name and password. Keep it simple. Then use that in the configuration in the OmniLink configuration tab. Check the log and you will see all of your devices connecting to HA.

HACS is still not configured per your pictures.

Start again with installation of HACS....then MQTT broker....SSH...

then OmniLinkBridge....

or

Give Homeseer a try...you can install it with a 30 day free trial...then the Omni add on with a 30 day trial...

Thanks Pete. I'm already a multi-year user of HomeSeer and paid for the Omni Plugin right from the beginning. Both are working for me, but I'm investigating alternatives to HomeSeer as I think this is a prudent thing to do with their recent announcement of pricing changes.

I fumbled my way through the MQTT Mosquitto broker setup, saw it had made a username and long password by default, used them in the OmniLink Bridge settings, and was able to get connectivity. That was the victory yesterday and I haven't ventured any further yet to do any other work on customizing anything. Good to see my Omni devices showing up in another interface though.

As for HACS, it was/is installed and configured properly for both myself and the previous poster on here. The screen we're seeing is the newer, "experimental" interface for HACS which will eventually become the only interface. When you install HACS, if you check all the options you end up with this interface rather than the older one. Documentation is here... https://experimental.hacs.xyz/

After several failed attempts due to strange error (CLI failing to start, add-ons installing but never finishing install etc). I have the Pi4 4gb up and running with HACS. OmniLinkBridge installed easily, MQTT no problem, configued and talking to my Omni Pro II. HomekitBridge setup and bridging my lighting to HomeKit. Wish I could figure out how to limit what HomeKitBridge brings over as I have around 60 lights but there is 243 entities that you don't have a choice but to add them and then hide them in Homekit. Now working on getting Plex and Alexa integrated.

you can tell OmniLinkBridge to ignore specific units and zones by editing the omniLinkBridge.ini:

-----
# Skip publishing Home Assistant discovery topics for zones/units
# Specify a range of numbers 1,2,3,5-10
mqtt_discovery_ignore_zones =
mqtt_discovery_ignore_units =
-----

Thanks @jlipsit that's useful to know.
I still have the OmniLinkBridge installed and running, but honestly I find it goes offline too much of the time (OP2 ethernet port issue no doubt), so it's still not reliable. Sometimes I open Home Assistant and the Omni units/zones are available, other times they are greyed out. Although I still have it there I'm actively looking at options to access the units and zones through other means and not through the OP2 board.

Does Homeseer Omni show the same relating to transport to the OmniPanel?

Thinking you are also using the microrouter thing for the Ethernet issues eh?

You might want to look for a used Omni panel or switch to another alarm system.

Here left the OmniPro panel on one home and took it in another home. Installed the Ring alarm in a new house which worked fine for me. I was able to utilize the zones with Home Assistant.

Yes, HomeSeer displays the same behaviour in its Omni Plugin. I currently have a 10BaseT hub off the OP2 Ethernet port right now. For a short while I thought it was working better than the 100Mbps router I had in that spot previously, but now I'm not so sure either made any real difference. I'm considering adding the Konnected.io Alarm Panel Pro to my setup to either compliment or replace the OP2 board and get my wired zones accessible through my choice of home automation platform via Konnected.

Back