OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

Well, I'd just make a macro "button" WHEN Joe arms away THEN turn on Joe_flag for 10 seconds. This will be reported as a binary_sensor in HA.
Rinse and repeat for every user code.
But first I'd try to inspect with MQTT explorer what happens behind the scenes when the system is armed and see if the info you're looking for is there.
If it is then it's just a matter of listening to that MQTT topic in HA.

Thanks Tigers!  This put me on the right path.  The bridge doesn't seem to push the code used at all in MQTT.  I took a look using explorer and in Home Assistant all it seems to push are the zones, sensors, areas and some system information.   These all show up as devices in Home Assistant.  Things like buttons, flags, outputs, or messages don't seem to come over as devices.    The good news is the bridge is showing the flags being set in MQTT on the omni side.  So I setup an automation that when that code is used it sets flag 1 in the omni to on for 60 seconds.  Then I see unit393 (Unit 1) state go to ON and within node red I can then read the MQTT traffic and perform my alert.  

Thanks for the help!  It would be great if in the setting or disarming of the alarm the code was passed to Home Assistant but this might be a limitation of HA maybe because it doesn't expect multiple codes on the alarm device?

Thanks again!

I have a similar problem I can't solve.  I use OmniLinkBridge to MQTT to Home Assistant to Amazon/Alexa.  I use Omni zones to trigger the Alexa to speak, like Frond Door Open.   That works for Omni alarm zones, but NOT Omni Auxiliary zones. Now I can see the Omni Auxiliary zones in HA and read their state, but when they pass to Amazon/Alexa, I can only use Omni alarm zones as Alexa triggers.  I can see the  Omni Auxiliary zones in Amazon/Alexa, but they can't be used to trigger routines.  

So, somewhere down the line, alarm zones and auxiliary zones must be different types.  So the question is, how do I fix this?  

One idea. I see in OmniLinkBridge.ini there is the line: "mqtt_discovery_override_zone = id=75;device_class=door"

So, there really isn't instructions, but does this take a zone and change its type?  So will this take auxiliary zone 75 and make it seem as a door sensor?  Will this solve my problem?  Or maybe something else?  Any ideas?

I utilize the Amazon Alexa Media player Home Assistant plugin for Alexa TTS in an automation if then script.

It is much more than just a media player today.  It controls the Amazon Alexa.

IE: if omnilink/zone3/basic_state is off then Alexa saids this and that.

I do the same in house #2 using the Ring to MQTT plugin.

Relating to aux zones (doors).

I just took a look and the sensor types for exit/entry and Auxilary in Home Assistant seems to be exactly the same.

I agree with you that it looks like you could override the type with the mqtt_discovery_override_zone to class door.  Try it for one and see if it changes the type.  I changed my prefix on all my omni stuff and added "alarm" to make them easier to identify via the ini files and it just updated the existing devices in HA.

I haven't setup Alexa yet, just got into HA this week so still pretty new but it is next on my list.

Later

Question: Ignoring Units (mqtt_discovery_ignore_units)

The OmniLinkBridge.ini on GitHub indicates that units can be ignored:

mqtt_discovery_ignore_units =
# device_class must be battery, door, garage_door, gas, moisture, motion, problem, smoke, or window

First: Could someone give an example of how they're using this? I'm wondering if individual units can be ignored or if the  entire device_class must be ignored as a whole.

And second: I don't see the light device_class in the remarked list. Can lights be ignored?

Thanks.

Here have used this for a while now and it works fine:

mqtt_discovery_ignore_zones = 15
mqtt_discovery_ignore_units = 65-255

64 down here are UPB and ignore Zigbee and ZWave units.  I am ignoring units here.  I have not used device class as I do not understand how to use it.
In the past if I put in something the plugin doesn't understand then it stops it from running.  I tinkered with it way back.

Note both builds are running on Ubuntu (well Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.0X)

Note this is for the original configuration file located at:  /opt/omnilink-bridge/OmniLinkBridge.ini

For new HASSIO build via integrations add on the configuration file is at:  

/usr/share/hassio/addons/data/dd784727_omnilink-bridge/options.json

Forgot to do this on my newer HASSIO build and have too many units displaying now.

@pete_c Thank you -- that's very helpful (would never have figured out it was looking for the unit numbers so you saved me considerable brain sweat).

I may tinker with this soon. Since my setup is hybrid OmniPro II and Lutron RadioRA2, I wind up with all of my lights showing up in HA twice with two different names. That confuses the heck out of Alexa. Removing all of the duplicated Omni entities would simplify things a lot.

So another question: do you know of an easy way to export all MQTT messages generated by omnilink to a text file? Why I ask: in order to make sure I'm ignoring all of the right units, it'd be very helpful to have some text to sort, filter and manipulate.

I think MQTT explorer will do all you need. It also keeps track of the modification in JSON messages with colors.
Edit: you could also just deactivate the duplicates in Home assistant, that's a new feature they introduced a couple of versions ago.

Still learning how to use HASSIO and OmniLinkBridge plugin here running on Ubuntu 20.X

Just noticed too that I can only update the core if I update the Ubuntu build which is odd to me.

do you know of an easy way to export all MQTT messages generated by omnilink to a text file? 

I utilize MQTT explorer and Homeseer mcsMQTT.

There is a copy and paste on MQTT explorer but I cannot get it to copy all of the messages for the OmniLink stuff.

In Homeseer there is a sort of like MQTT explorer discovery piece and it logs everything so I can use the log files.

This morning saw a security issue with core version 2021.1.4 and had a bit of a hard time updating to Home Assistant Core 2021.1.5 until I did an upgrade and update of the Ubuntu OS.  On reboot I was able to update to Home Assistant Core 2021.1.5.

Removing all of the duplicated Omni entities would simplify things a lot.

Here enabled / installed the HA UPB plugin and have a similiar issue

Unrelated ....

in Homeseer you see all of the MQTT Omnilink messages and pick the ones you want to use which is similiar to the Homeseer Omni Plugin where you also see all of the Omni Pro devices and pick the ones you want to use.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1421]

Sorry, I don't know why but I can't post pics, but in MQTT explorer the "History" and the copy icon seems what it's needed. The downside is that MQTTexplorer must be running.

grantlewis said:
Question: Ignoring Units (mqtt_discovery_ignore_units)

The OmniLinkBridge.ini on GitHub indicates that units can be ignored:

# device_class must be battery, door, garage_door, gas, moisture, motion, problem, smoke, or window

First: Could someone give an example of how they're using this? I'm wondering if individual units can be ignored or if the  entire device_class must be ignored as a whole.

And second: I don't see the light device_class in the remarked list. Can lights be ignored?

Thanks.

The # comment lines are for the lines that come after. So in this case ignore zones and units only accepts device ids.

# Specify a range of numbers like 1,2,3,5-10
mqtt_discovery_ignore_zones =

Override zone changes the default mapping that OmniLinkBridge uses when mapping a zone to a Home Assistant device class. Only the classes listed below are supported.
Code:
mqtt_discovery_override_zone = id=5;device_class=garage_door
mqtt_discovery_override_zone = id=6;device_class=garage_door

@tigers,

I ran out of space to post direct jpg links a couple of years ago.  Not just upload media to the gallery then link the media to my post.  It is an extra step so I have two browser windows open to Cocoontech.  

Over the last year here also clear out / delete the mosquitto broker database manually.

It is located at /var/lib/mosquitto/mosquitto.db

grantlewis said:
@pete_c Thank you -- that's very helpful (would never have figured out it was looking for the unit numbers so you saved me considerable brain sweat).

I may tinker with this soon. Since my setup is hybrid OmniPro II and Lutron RadioRA2, I wind up with all of my lights showing up in HA twice with two different names. That confuses the heck out of Alexa. Removing all of the duplicated Omni entities would simplify things a lot.

I have an identical setup and that is how I have configured mine, with it ignoring the OmniPro II lights unit ids. Another tip is to have the Home Assistant alexa plugin only include the things you need. Mine is configured similar to the below.

Code:
alexa:
  smart_home:
    filter:
      include_domains:
        - alarm_control_panel
        - lock
        - light
      include_entities:
        - switch.back_motion
        - switch.garage_heater

Back