OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

Pete did you install OmniLinkBridge via integrations under HACS? I'm looking around and can't see OmniLinkBridge as an addon.

thx

edit: figured it out thx! had to add repository.

I tried with HACS but didn't succeed. You can find my post explaining how I installed everything. I'm running your exact config: Raspbian 32 bit on a Raspberry 4B with 128 Gb SSD I had lying around.

Yes installed the Repository first then I saw the plugin.  Only issues I had was finding the installation directories under /usr/local versus /opt/omnilinkbridge

Then it works but doesn't connect until you edit the configuration (yaml file).  Solid working with no issues.

Not related I have to keep resetting my password for Amazon / Ring which is a PITA.  

This new box is a combo automation box running Homeseer and HA in the base Ubuntu and one Oracle VB for Microsoft SAPI that I still use. 

I manage the Windows embedded automation touchscreens in the Windows VB.  (off, on, screen saver, reboot et al from the Homeseer mothership).

The difference between this box is that it is using 32Gb of RAM on latest Intel CPU.  

After several failed attempts due to strange error (CLI failing to start, add-ons installing but never finishing install etc). I have the Pi4 4gb up and running with HACS. OmniLinkBridge installed easily, MQTT no problem, configued and talking to my Omni Pro II. HomekitBridge setup and bridging my lighting to HomeKit. Wish I could figure out how to limit what HomeKitBridge brings over as I have around 60 lights but there is 243 entities that you don't have a choice but to add them and then hide them in Homekit. Now working on getting Plex and Alexa integrated.

I setup Home Assistant (HA) with MQTT and OmniLink Bridge, enabling Web API and MQTT.
How do I see the status of zones, controls (devices) and control them in HA, please?
The docs are less than adequate about the most important thing! ;-(

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum @ifarkas

Guessing you read this ==> OmniLinkBridge

Once you have populated the Leviton Omni INI file with IP / Keys you should see the Omni devices on the top of the primary HA page.

/omnilink-bridge/OmniLinkBridge.ini

If you are using HASSIO and OmniLinkBridge repository; populate the json fille with IP / Keys.

/usr/share/hassio/addons/data/dd784727_omnilink-bridge/options.json

Couldn't leave well enough alone! lol. I decided to try and get it up and running in a Pi4 4gb 64bit environment, which has proven to be a mess. Hassio installs fine, mqtt no problem, but OmniLinkBridge via add-ons hangs every time. After leaving it hanging for a bit I rebooted host and the add-on was listed. I wouldn't start so I did a rebuild. Seemed to start then and connection established to mqtt, brought over all entities from OmniPro II. However, all entities are listed as unavailable and I can't seem to get it to establish a proper connection. 

Is there a problem installing OmniLinkBridge from Add-ons under the 64 bit environment for Pi4?

thx

charliebarns said:
After several failed attempts due to strange error (CLI failing to start, add-ons installing but never finishing install etc). I have the Pi4 4gb up and running with HACS. OmniLinkBridge installed easily, MQTT no problem, configued and talking to my Omni Pro II. HomekitBridge setup and bridging my lighting to HomeKit. Wish I could figure out how to limit what HomeKitBridge brings over as I have around 60 lights but there is 243 entities that you don't have a choice but to add them and then hide them in Homekit. Now working on getting Plex and Alexa integrated.

Hey i'm having the same issue, my Home Assistant instance can see the mqtt and brings in all the entities and their all showing up unavailable.
charliebarns said:
Couldn't leave well enough alone! lol. I decided to try and get it up and running in a Pi4 4gb 64bit environment, which has proven to be a mess. Hassio installs fine, mqtt no problem, but OmniLinkBridge via add-ons hangs every time. After leaving it hanging for a bit I rebooted host and the add-on was listed. I wouldn't start so I did a rebuild. Seemed to start then and connection established to mqtt, brought over all entities from OmniPro II. However, all entities are listed as unavailable and I can't seem to get it to establish a proper connection. 

Is there a problem installing OmniLinkBridge from Add-ons under the 64 bit environment for Pi4?

thx

Here utilize MQTT Explorer to make sure stuff is running.  I had issues with the HASSIO MQTT plugin so using the old MQTT running on original box.

I just one instance of MQTT that works for HA and Homeseer here.

got tired of waiting for devs to even acknowledge there is an issue so followed Pete's suggestion and moved MQTT off to it's own instance on a spare Pi3. Works like a charm now. 

Good news!!!

Here originally installed MQTT server in Ubuntu for use with Homeseer and Home Assistant way long time ago. 

That and only have one MQTT instance running on my home network.

Way back also utilized Node Red a bunch.  It went a tad over the top with Node Red such that Home Assistant and Homeseer do much better these days with MQTT.

These days also run apps for:

1 - ONVIF to MQTT (cameras)
2 - RING to MQTT (alarm)

Just modded a

1 - Wink Relay V2 with a functions to MQTT base OS.  This allows for reading the two switches and temperature and humidity sensor and controlling the switches via MQTT.  So I turned it in to a modded smart switch.  Works fine but not too interested these days in a mini 4.3" Android screen for automation.  Just a tad too small with a big footprint behind the hardware.  I do have it running Leviton Snaplink for Android which makes it a mini OmniPro controller of sorts with big buttons.

2 - WYSE smart outdoor long range WiFi dual outlet switch with extended WiFi range.  Getting ready to JTAG it with wires.  Soldered 28 guage wires to pads.  They are a bit thin to work with.  Upgrading it to Tasmota for use.   Still have not as of yet upgraded the firmware.

I did connect the outbound ONVIF PIR stuff from the doorbell to a WiFi modded relay to a zone on the OmniPro alarm panel a few weeks ago.  It was automated via Homeseer and or Home Assistant.  Here instead run a python script on the OpenWRT micro router inside of the OP2 can.

Thinking now of shutting down original docker install of HA on one box.  It is updated but more difficult to manage than the HASSIO install on box #2.

It is very easy to install the MQTT plugins on the HASSIO HA box using GUI versus long math manual way of Docker Install of plugins on the old HA box.

Plugins installed on HASSIO and working well are:

• OmniLinkBridge
  • Alexa media player (which is doing TTS and events et al)
  • Squeezebox media player
  • Kodi media player
  • ONVIF to MQTT (using this for Hikvision Doorbell)
  • Ring alarm to MQTT and Ring doorbell (shows status and batteries et al and enables and disables alarm)
  • Zoneminder plugin (adding MQTT triggers on ZM box) - using this for Hikvision Doorbell
  • EspHome plugin
  • Home Panel (which now allows modification via GUI versus long math way).
  • Tasmota devices plugin

Original box is a mini Intel PC with 4Gb of RAM running Ubuntu 18.04 that is also running Homeseer 3.

New box is a newer Intel CPU with 16/32 Gb of RAM running Ubuntu 20.04 / HASSIO / Homeseer 4.

My MQTT broker runs on the original box and might change it to the new box.

Back