Omnipro discontinued

Alezis said:
Hi HogarDigital, well... the only replacement I can find right now is Elk M1 Gold, programming whise, it seems to be similar to a Omni IIe (528 condition blocks) but hardware whise, it can handle more i/o than the Omni ProII so no preblem on that side (208 hardwire zones, 144 wireless zones, 205 relay output).

For third party integration, there is one option more than omni could not support is lutron caseta, that I am happy about, caseta is a robust and cheap way to have lighting control and the M1 can support it. The only thing missing, by what I see, is a nice mobile app, either android or ios app for the M1 is not rated really high.

The other solution is to get a cheap DSC power series and have an automation controller tied to that security system like crestron or urc total control. I guess C4 and others are also available to integrate with DSC.

What I did really like with the omni is that I could control audio, lights, drapes and blinds, garage doors and gates, pool and hot tub and hvac in one mobile app that did not require custom programming, I only had to program the controller and the user interface app would populate the right buttons and controls. With a third party controller, you need to program the controller AND the user interface.

So I guess this is the options right now...
Thank You for your response! Do you know Elan Home Systems ?? It is simila to Control4 and others, but for some reason start liking me to integrate with it. Do you have any comments of this?  Thank you again

HogarDigital said:
Thank You for your response! Do you know Elan Home Systems ?? It is simila to Control4 and others, but for some reason start liking me to integrate with it. Do you have any comments of this?  Thank you again

I know the brand but we do not use it. Brand we use are Crestron and URC Total Control.

Does the Russound MCA-88 work with OmniPro II via the serial port. I know it works with the older Russound units (MCA-C5 for example).
Thanks

Back