OmniPro II and UPB Oddity

fcwilt

Hi,

I got an OmniPro II running the latest firmware.

I am use the HLC approach to configuring UPB devices.

I have a HAI 38A00-1 6-Button Room Controller (firmware 1.05) for the "Flood Room".

In the "Flood Rom" I have:

- 4 Simply Automated US2-40 dimmers (firmware 1.15) controlling some outside flood lights.

- 1 HAI 4-A00-1 Relay Switch (firmware 1.02) controlling a outside wall pack.

Normally all works fine.

But every so often ALL of the 5 devices experience a change in the one of the preset values.

For example, the last change was to the ON preset - the change was from 100% to 11%.

The other presets (OFF, A, B, C, D) were correct.

What could possibly be causing ALL 5 devices to experience a preset setting change?

Does the OmniPro every send commands to UPB devices to change settings?

To date when this happens all I have done is go back into UpStart and reset the values for the changed preset.

Thanks!

Do you have the "Enable Add/Delete Transmit Link Function" checked in the Options tab?
Disable that for starters.

That feature was already disabled.

I've made a change that may/may not make a difference.

The ON/OFF buttons of the room controllers were configured to brighten/dim when held.

I've changed these buttons back to simple activate buttons.

Did you/do you have the "Store Last Level" box checked?
I've had issues with that resetting programmed levels so I don't use it.

I remember that choice but it is not showing up on any of the devices in my current version of UpStart v7.0 build 21.

That seems odd.

All of the dimmers are Simply Automated US2-40 dimmers (firmware 1.15) - perhaps they don't have that option?

AutomatedOutlet said:
Why are you using HLC? I think you can get better control with Upstart.

Many of us program our switches with Upstart, but we do the unit and link ID allocation based on the HLC method.  This gives us the flexibility to program them the way we want while also getting the automated status tracking that HLC provides.

Jon W hit it, in this context "HLC" refers to the unit/link allocation scheme and the way the Omni operates, not the switches themselves.

Back