• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

OmniproII Upgrade

CanuckFlyboy

Hi, I did a self install on the OmniProII a while back, using it for home automation presently. I decided to finally get rid of the ADT system and reinstall the security to the Omni.

The panels are at opposite sides of the house so I spliced the wires from the ADT box and extended them to the Omni panel. On hook up I get the Door1 TRBL NOW message, with the door open the proper Door1 NOT RDY message appears. THE ADT had no EOLR's at the panel but I have no idea if they are installed at the door contact. The Omni is set to no resistors.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can troubleshoot this with minimum test equipment or if I will have to call in the professionals?

Cheers!

BobS0327

I have the Omni Pro II installed and my contacts are NC (Normally closed) which means that I use a 1K resister in series with the contact. The resistor is installed EOL at the contact NOT at the panel. My panel is set to resisters = YES.