OmniTouch 5 32A00-5 not showing GUI

gym4im

My previous post dealt with network problems I had trying to connect to my OmniPro II, which I was finally able to get it to do with the help of forum members that stuck with me for a few days. But now, since remedying the network connect problem, when the system came up on reboot, the two OmniTouch 5s I have came alive but only flashed text on one console every few seconds (attached). This screen shows for about 3 seconds and quits. The Screen Version says 0, just before the screen quits the version number hits 106 before the screen quits and it goes bank for 10 seconds and repeats this display. the GUI never comes up.

If anyone has any tips or pointers as what I need to do to get these to work again.My hope is the 4.ob ROM chip I have coming with the latest PCA, but I don't feel that is really the problem.

Thanks very much,

Jim

Attachments

• OT5-2screen.jpg
    OT5-2screen.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 4
This is a serial connection to the panel via an RJ-45 connection. Check the three wires going to the panel and maybe reflash the device.

Last edited:
Hello pete_c:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have two RS-45 connectors plugged into the Camera/console Hub, 32A31, one for each console. The only other wires are the two and ground connecting to the controller board. Not certain of how I would flash the the device and with what. This is an older board and is not flashable with firmware. Awaiting a new 4.0b chip to replace the 3.17 ROM I have.

One thing you may want to try... Bypass the touchscreen hub and directly connect one of the touchscreens to the keypad bus on the OmniPro II.
Manual for the Touchscreen Hub attached.
If the Touchscreen Hub is bad, this should get the Touchscreen working again.

Attachments

• 32A30 Touchscreen Hub - Install_Manual.pdf
    265 KB · Views: 8
dwalt - I couldn't find what you described I might do in either the attached manual or the OP II Install Manual. Are you suggesting I hook an OmniTouch to the four terminals where you would attach a regular keypad on the OP II board itself?

Thanks,
Jim

dwalt - I couldn't find what you described I might do in either the attached manual or the OP II Install Manual. Are you suggesting I hook an OmniTouch to the four terminals where you would attach a regular keypad on the OP II board itself?

Thanks,
Jim
Yes

I have to re-read stuff as I thought that the 32A00-5s had 8 wires and keypads, I know have 4. So how does one attached 8 wire to 4 terminals. If i saw something that described doing this, I would have tried it but hesitant to do such.

I am curious it says in the 32A00-05 installation manual, at the end:

"RESETTING THE TOUCHSCREEN
If for any reason the touchscreen needed to be reset, remove the face plate and press the reset button marked "SW1" on the circuit board below the LED."

Does anyone happen to know if you press it when there is no power, or there is power on the unit...and for how long. I have tried all combinations, but perhaps I don't have the right combination of time and power sorted out yet.
Just before the above, in the installation manual, it says:

"See the Touchscreen User’s Guide (32R00-1) for additional information on these items" [of setting up the screens].

Unfortunately, I can not find the 32R00-1. Hoping it may say how to get the GUI back,

I have to re-read stuff as I thought that the 32A00-5s had 8 wires and keypads, I know have 4. So how does one attached 8 wire to 4 terminals. If i saw something that described doing this, I would have tried it but hesitant to do such.
As a troubleshooting tool, I was suggesting just connecting the normal 4 wires and not connect the video. I'll attach the wiring diagram for the 32A00-5. You only need +12, ground and data. That's pins 1,2,4,8. I understand if you don't want to try this as mis-wiring could cause damage.

As a troubleshooting tool, I was suggesting just connecting the normal 4 wires and not connect the video. I'll attach the wiring diagram for the 32A00-5. You only need +12, ground and data. That's pins 1,2,4,8. I understand if you don't want to try this as mis-wiring could cause damage.
Hello dwalt and thank you for your following up. I had other priorities, which are rarely allowed to take precedence over HA, but I am slowly, now, getting back into an HA mode. In hopes of selling my home soon, a fully functional system is important. Right now I limp along using Myro:Home, HUE and MyLeviton on my iPhone and PCAccess 3 on my PC, and remotely on my MAC.

So, in response to your last reply, I am certainly willing to try anything to get these OmniTouches working again. I also have a note ready to send (most likely by snail-mail) to the head of Leviton's special tech support (if it still exists in NO; last know 2018), should this last attempt fail.

You mentioned an attached wiring diagram for how I might wire an 32A00-5 to the console bus. However, it did not seem to come across. If you could send it again, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

32A00-5 wiring diagram from HAI knowledge base attached. I'm suggesting this to determine if the touchscreen hub is bad. Use caution as mis-wiring can damage components.

Attachments

• HAI OmniTouch with Video pinout.pdf
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
Back