Omnitouch Video

sergi182

I set up an omnitouch 7 and added links to an IP camera server in PC access so they could be displayed on the touchscreen. I have an axis 2400+ server set up with 2 cameras. the links work in PC access as well as snaplink on my phone so I know the url and user name/passwords are correct. 

When i go to the omnitouch cameras it just sits at establishing connection and never loads an image. any ideas what i could try? any help would be appreciated 

Must be an issue with the Omnitouch 7.  It works great with the Omnitouch 5.7 and Omnitouch 5.7e.

BTW did you fix your Omnitouch 5.7e?

Im pretty sure the 5.7e is pooched i tried everything you suggested and still got the same error. 

is there anything i can try with the 7 to fix the camera feeds?

Yeah not familiar with Omnitouch 7.  Maybe an Omnitouch 7 user will chime in here.

Thinking you can send the Omnitouch 5.7e for service.  Not sure what the price would be for repairs.

OT7 has to be on the same network or have hardware access to the same network as the camera(s).  Network switch ports need to have enough bandwidth to stream video from camera to OT7, AND the camera encoding has to match specs for the OT7 (which is NOT H.264; only MJPEG).

You might also look at the camera/camera server firmware.  I've seen no issues using the predefined Axis camera models in PC Access for use by the OT7's. 

"Establishing Connection" message appears if camera is unreachable, offline, or incompatible / unsupported.

StarTrekDoors said:
...AND the camera encoding has to match specs for the OT7 (which is NOT H.264; only MJPEG).

This would be my suspicion. I have two OT7's in my office, both are able to display video streams no problem from 7 cameras, however they only work with MJPEG streams.

Back