ONQ HMS 1100 fire alarm has stopped working

batemanpa

Hi- A couple years back I moved into a house with a ONQ fire/security system HMS 1100 installed. Recently the fire alarm system has stopped working. I have no experience with this type of system so I am looking for a little help.....

The smoke detectors activate when tested with a smoke can (the red activation light shows on the smoke detector) but no alarm sounds.
When I check the event log on the console it does not show any alarm event (but seems to record every other system event)
I have tested the alarm horn itself and it works fine (using the test function from the console)
The console is showing the "ok? status
I located the input cable from the smoke detectors and they are all connected to the controller and not loose.

Anyone have ideas what might be wrong?

thanks
Paul

Sounds like they might be disabled or latched in alarm.....hard to say.

I'd use a meter to verify operation independent of the alarm panel first, see if an EOLR is present, cycle power and see how they function, if at all.

HAI was the OEM supplier for the OnQ stuff, so from what I can see, it looks like a modified OP panel.

Yup; it was made around 2002 and basically is an OmniPro II with an OnQ chipset. 

It is very easy to update to an OmniPro II if need be.

Note that this will not solve your issues but will provide you with current OmniPro II firmware.

I purchased one a few years back and it looked identical to my OmniPro II except for the chips and labels on the board.

I could connect to the panel with with the OnQ chipset with PCA but couldn't do anything with it other than see it was an OnQ firmware on the board.

December 31, 2008

Home Automation, Inc. (HAI) and On-Q/Legrand (On-Q) have announced the conclusion of a long standing OEM relationship relating to the On-Q Home Management System (HMS) product line. For over a decade, HAI has been an OEM supplier to On-Q for HMS controllers, devices, user interfaces, modules and software solutions. Although the OEM relationship between HAI and On-Q is ending, the companies remain friends and Connectivity Partners for On-Q’s ALC Lighting Control products.

As the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), HAI is ready, willing and able to support On-Q HMS customers. In addition to sales, parts and add-ons, HAI can upgrade recent HMS controllers to the latest HAI firmware.

HAI and On-Q have together determined that the best interests of our mutual customers can be met by positioning HAI as the source for solutions previously provided by an HMS branded product. Not only will the HAI Omni family of controllers, peripherals and ancillary offerings meet the features and functions of the HMS branded products, but customers will benefit from ongoing product development from the HAI team.

On-Q and HAI are committed to ensuring this transition is a smooth one for ALL customers.
  • Effective January 1, 2009, HAI will provide sales and support for current HAI products to past and current On-Q HMS customers.

• Effective January 1, 2009 HAI will provide technical support and repairs for On-Q HMS dealers. An OnQ to HAI Parts Number Reference Guide is available here.

• On-Q/Legrand will continue to handle all warranty and returns for HMS products and part numbers working closely with HAI to ensure timely warranty support.

• On-Q HMS controller Models 800, 950, 950E and 1100 can now be updated to HAI’s latest firmware, Version 3.0, in the field with a chip upgrade. HAI’s Version 3.0 firmware will convert these HMS controllers to Omni-family controllers, and allow the use of HAI’s latest PCAccess programming software.

Guys- thanks for your responses. I tested the smoke detector line and it was good.

Turns out the fire zone had been mis-configured to "Auxiliary" rather than "Fire".

Works fine now- thanks for your help.

Back